Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Kings covering the cost of his choice, it's just a matter of waiting till he has the cash available. Not sure if he's using the usual means of getting it out of SA for a sum of that size will take 5 weeks easy or if he is waiting on the cash he is due from liquidator (no idea when that's due, putting 2+2 together and could be getting 10). Either way it's going to be a while yet.

I just find it all a little strange as I thought the new manager would have been in place before the AGM.

Perhaps they'd prefer to answer questions about the manager situation than other things (that's just a total guess).

Perhaps they'd prefer to answer questions about the manager situation than other things (that's just a total guess).

Well, many a true word spoken in jest.....I have heard a rumour, and it is hearsay, from, it seems, the City. It is only a whisper, so don't shoot the messenger.

The story is that King, and others, are negotiating to sell their interests to some Rangers inclined individuals, from points east who are hnw, and have access to other sources of money. This, it is said, is common knowledge among deal brokers, makers and observers in the Square Mile. The trigger for this is the nonsense with the Takeover Panel.

The mechanics of this have not, as yet, been explained: do they acquire the soft loans, or the share post debt/equity swap?

It is further suggested that these guys are heavyweights and very serious about re-establishing the Club at the pinnacle of Scottish football where it belongs. They have, so the tale goes, a rather traditional view, and would be keen to reintroduce proper standards of discipline, etc., on and off the park.

It is, as I have said, gossip, but it has an interesting source.

Edited by Uilleam

Well, many a true word spoken in jest.....I have heard a rumour, and it is hearsay, from, it seems, the City. It is only a whisper, so don't shoot the messenger.

The story is that King, and others, are negotiating to sell their interests to some Rangers inclined individuals, from points east who are hnw, and have access to other sources of money. This, it is said, is common knowledge among deal brokers, makers and observers in the Square Mile. The trigger for this is the nonsense with the Takeover Panel.

The mechanics of this have not, as yet, been explained: do they acquire the soft loans, or the share post debt/equity swap?

It is further suggested that these guys are heavyweights and very serious about re-establishing the Club at the pinnacle of Scottish football where it belongs. They have, so the tale goes, a rather traditional view, and would be keen to reintroduce proper standards of discipline, etc., on and off the park.

I read your putative statement and immediately discarded it.

It is terrible the level of scepticism I have that now greets all news on Rangers unless it is an official club statement.

After the last two games I think I am completely scunnered.

It's still going to be Mccinnes. King is getting the money together has said be another month maybe more.

If we are struggling to get the funds together for a manager then the product on the pitch looks like it will remain mediocre at best.

Kings covering the cost of his choice, it's just a matter of waiting till he has the cash available. Not sure if he's using the usual means of getting it out of SA for a sum of that size will take 5 weeks easy or if he is waiting on the cash he is due from liquidator (no idea when that's due, putting 2+2 together and could be getting 10). Either way it's going to be a while yet.

For someone with such apparent wealth he sure doesn’t have much liquidity. Paying £1.5 million takes 2 minutes. If his liquidity is as low as less than £1.5 million given his supposed overall wealth then his portfolio isn’t being managed very well.

In a continued period of utter dismay, desperation and despondency..... this is the first post in a long time Rangers related that has me hoping it is true. Probably won’t be and we will continue to just meander along aimlessly.