Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

McInnes doesn't fill me with any great excitement, I haven't a clue who I want as manager!, just not convinced he is the man to take us forward!, but we fans don't get a say in it but whoever comes in will get the same backing every Rangers manager gets.

Id be amazed if its not mcinnis given who told me. But strange things happen.
No one has to be anything. I know nothing. I have no inside sources but I'd be amazed if it wasn't McInnes.

It wouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility that we've spoken to Aberdeen a while back and they've told us to come back after the double header.

Edited by Gazza_8

I genuinely hope we're not overlooking better candidates than McInnes who want the job

For all those who don't fancy McInnes,...... name a viable candidate with extensive knowledge of the British/Scottish game that you would prefer.

For all those who don't fancy McInnes,...... name a viable candidate with extensive knowledge of the British/Scottish game that you would prefer.

Advocaat over McInnes. He's available plus has the British / Scottish experience. However no way will it be Advocaat, King said its a decision they are getting right for the next 3 years, Advocaat would be a short term until the end of the season.

No one has to be anything. I know nothing. I have no inside sources but I'd be amazed if it wasn't McInnes.

It wouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility that we've spoken to Aberdeen a while back and they've told us to come back after the double header.

Probably right there else he would be needing protection tomorrow. But if this is the case a few clues will be in Aberdeens performance tomorrow.

Im not fully against it being McInnes but think we should be aiming higher.

I can't think of many, if any. I wish I could because I'd like to hope we were bringing in someone more exciting. However, I'm now resigned to the fact that it will be DM. I can't build any enthusiasm for this appointment, but I will support him as I would any Rangers manager. I'm now just hoping he can prove himself worthy of this post. However, until he's appointed I hope he loses every game in the meantime.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't dislike DM as a person and he seems to get his teams winning (except against us). I just can't stomach the thought of that style of football.

McInnes doesn't fill me with any great excitement, I haven't a clue who I want as manager!, just not convinced he is the man to take us forward!, but we fans don't get a say in it but whoever comes in will get the same backing every Rangers manager gets.

That’s sort of the problem, isn’t it? If he’d been appointed a couple of days after Pedro went (or even after Warburton) I think more would’ve shrugged and said ‘fair enough’. But after a month and a half speculating about the world of managerial possibilities, he seems a bit of an anticlimax. I’ve no idea who applied but some of the names being thrown about social media have been unrealistic, over the hill or high risk, despairing punts.

Advocaat over McInnes. He's available plus has the British / Scottish experience. However no way will it be Advocaat, King said its a decision they are getting right for the next 3 years, Advocaat would be a short term until the end of the season.

As you say, the need for stability and re-building means Advocaat would be very unlikely.

Re. Stability: One of the positives about McInnes is that if he were to sign a contract, he'd more than likely, fully intend to see it out.......rather than be willing from the outset to use us as a stepping stone.

He spent 4 years at St.Johnstone, got the team promoted to the top tier (something Owen Coyle hadn't been able to do).

At Bristol City, he joined (in the October) with them bottom of league and kept them up. Following season went badly and he was sacked. People talk of mitigating circumstances re. state of club but I don't know to what extent they apply.

He's been 4 years at Aberdeen and has built an effective sqaud on relatively little money, which is capable of a consistency that brings 2nd place. (Best win % since Alex Ferguson). Only one League Cup win.

10 years of management and only one sacking.