Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I think if we appoint McInnes, the biggest question will be, why did it take so long? It will be so disappointing now, whereas an immediate appointment would have just been seen as an inevitable, quick decision, and been accepted.

The reason it's taken so long was so we could beat them in this double header ;)

Surely McInnes failed his audition on Wednesday night, (and irrespective of the result on Sunday)?

I would tend to agree with that...but it's only one game (so far).

For me, McInnes didn't show anything on Wed night to get me excited about his appointment. He would do an decent job with us, but it's a short term fix to a long term problem (imho).

Surely McInnes failed his audition on Wednesday night, (and irrespective of the result on Sunday)?

The scrapies can keep him, as far as I am concerned.

McInnes in the Ibrox dug-out and 3 points to Rangers !

What's not to like ?

The scrapies can keep him, as far as I am concerned.

And if the Sheep hammer us 5-1 on Sunday, is he back in contention? We simple can't go from weekly or match-dayly results or performances here ... and with many other things too. As I said above, a new manager will be thrown in a new and different environment and what he can achieve there is anyone's guess. We've been rather lucky that many managers of the last four decades have flourished in their roles ...

And if the Sheep hammer us 5-1 on Sunday, is he back in contention? We simple can't go from weekly or match-dayly results or performances here ... and with many other things too. As I said above, a new manager will be thrown in a new and different environment and what he can achieve there is anyone's guess. We've been rather lucky that many managers of the last four decades have flourished in their roles ...

He failed to win at Ibrox, despite having, we are told a bigger and better squad, and thus being favoured to win. His team on Wed looked average, average to poor, for the most part, and never really looked like it was in the running. He fails to win at the piggery, consistently.

He may win at Pittodrie on Sunday, but in the big games away from home, he flops. As I said, he failed his screen test on Wednesday night, and what happens on Sunday matters not one whit.

I'm not campaigning for McInnes in any way but if the board actually were considering him I doubt Wednesday would make any difference to it. We're a far better team than the sheep and the result simply reflected that.

McInnes on the other hand has been securing second place finishes with a side that finished 8th before he took over and that in a league with no Rangers in it. They will be looking at his achievements with a limited quality squad and an almost zero transfer budget.