Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

We have to consider where we currently are as a club and to put it bluntly, it's that of a sometimes decent, sometimes awful, inconsistent diddy team.

McInnes has been managing a team that has over a number of years, managed to achieve a relatively excellent level of consistency.

Did you notice that since you blasted back unto the Gersnet scene, you seem to prepare the rest of us for the arrival of McInnes :shifty:;)

BTW, early in the AGM King said that shortlisted candidates for current vacancy include individuals currently with other clubs. So that may include McInnes, but others too.

Edited by der Berliner

Did you notice that since you blasted back unto the Gersnet scene, you seem to prepare the rest of us for the arrival of McInnes :shifty:;)

BTW, early in the AGM King said that shortlisted candidates for current vacancy include individuals currently with other clubs. So that may include McInnes, but others too.

I know as much as the next man, nowt....but McInnes would be my preference from the viable options that I can see.

But without knowing who is on the short-list, it's a moot point.

I would just give the job to Murty for the remainder of the season ,why pay one of our opponent's competition for what I think is a dud .

An old boy tried to make that point at the in the Q&A at the AGM, but it wasn't that well received by the crowd. (That wasn't you was it Compo!?)

For me, the result last night should rule McInnes out of having any chance of getting our job. To be so tactically outdone by a youth coach, unable to control his players, and give up a hugely stinking performance in their fans biggest game of the season does not give him any credit if we were considering him for our club.

I have been completely undecided if McInnes would be a good choice or not, but I watched him and his team closely last night playing against a Rangers side in complete disarray losing our last two games so lamely, it should have been an easy victory for a settled side who have been solidly in second place for a few years now. Now they may come back on Sunday and show they have learned from last night and do us over big time, (not one of us would be entirely surprised if this would happen) and that may get him a bit more credibility, but that was a really poor show from him and his side last night when he was supposedly putting himself in the shop window in front of his potential new bosses.

Alternatively, deal for McInnes already done and dusted, to be announced shortly and chance for him to boost the chances of his new club? :seal:

Just imagine, Rangers beat Aberdeen twice in 5 days to leapfrog them int he league and the next day the Aberdeen manager is appointed manger of Rangers...

Edited by RabiDuck

Exactly. Although there was some chat about someone in the stand providing feedback to Murty, relayed via JJ. Although I think folk are reading into things that aren't there.

Someone on another website said that every time Murty picked up the phone McInnes did as well.:D