Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Jack Ross currently at St Mirren. How excited do you feel now!!!

Generally speaking, the only way we'd get an exceptional manager is if we found him at a very early stage in his career and he developed into one at Ibrox.

The one that some consider 'got away' was a one time St,Mirren manager and for that matter, Aberdeen boss. Someone who Jock Wallace invited over at Ibrox to watch training around 1976.

Edited by buster.

I read earlier that we should go for a "successful manager". What does that mean ? Success in junior football ? the Scottish leagues ? Down south ? Europe? World football ?

Success at the moment ? Last year ? 5 years ago ?

Or maybe somebody who was a one season wonder after spending 300 million ?

Somebody who worked with another coaches squad, won a cup or league but then got sacked ?

I'd take somebody top of the German, French, Italian, English league right now ------ but that's just not going to happen, is it ?

I read earlier that we should go for a "successful manager". What does that mean ? Success in junior football ? the Scottish leagues ? Down south ? Europe? World football ?

Success at the moment ? Last year ? 5 years ago ?

Or maybe somebody who was a one season wonder after spending 300 million ?

Somebody who worked with another coaches squad, won a cup or league but then got sacked ?

I'd take somebody top of the German, French, Italian, English league right now ------ but that's just not going to happen, is it ?

Means big eck

Boy I work with said he saw Bilic at the game last night. Surely the papers would've been all over that If it was true?

Exactly. Although there was some chat about someone in the stand providing feedback to Murty, relayed via JJ. Although I think folk are reading into things that aren't there.

For me, the result last night should rule McInnes out of having any chance of getting our job. To be so tactically outdone by a youth coach, unable to control his players, and give up a hugely stinking performance in their fans biggest game of the season does not give him any credit if we were considering him for our club.

I have been completely undecided if McInnes would be a good choice or not, but I watched him and his team closely last night playing against a Rangers side in complete disarray losing our last two games so lamely, it should have been an easy victory for a settled side who have been solidly in second place for a few years now. Now they may come back on Sunday and show they have learned from last night and do us over big time, (not one of us would be entirely surprised if this would happen) and that may get him a bit more credibility, but that was a really poor show from him and his side last night when he was supposedly putting himself in the shop window in front of his potential new bosses.

For me, the result last night should rule McInnes out of having any chance of getting our job. To be so tactically outdone by a youth coach, unable to control his players, and give up a hugely stinking performance in their fans biggest game of the season does not give him any credit if we were considering him for our club.

I have been completely undecided if McInnes would be a good choice or not, but I watched him and his team closely last night playing against a Rangers side in complete disarray losing our last two games so lamely, it should have been an easy victory for a settled side who have been solidly in second place for a few years now. Now they may come back on Sunday and show they have learned from last night and do us over big time, (not one of us would be entirely surprised if this would happen) and that may get him a bit more credibility, but that was a really poor show from him and his side last night when he was supposedly putting himself in the shop window in front of his potential new bosses.

It isn't just based on last night either. He hasn't done anything in his career to merit managing a club of our size. That said, we could and possibly will do worse.

Don't agree at all.

Since serious speculation started linking McInnes to Rangers, the sheep have struggled for results and have put in two of their worst performances in the DM time there.

The win against Kilmarnock came on the back of McInnes and Milne coming out with 'holding statements' but within 2 or 3 days, McInnes was odd's-on, back at the top of the betting.

If nothing else, I think the ongoing situation has actually worked in our favour wrt sheep dropping points.

------------

The 'body of evidence' regards McInnes by far outweighs a couple of results that may well be partly explained by current speculation.

It isn't just based on last night either. He hasn't done anything in his career to merit managing a club of our size. That said, we could and possibly will do worse.

We have to consider where we currently are as a club and to put it bluntly, it's that of a sometimes decent, sometimes awful, inconsistent diddy team.

McInnes has been managing a team that has over a number of years, managed to achieve a relatively excellent level of consistency.