Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I’m trying to watch aberdeen a bit more than usual this afternoon rather than just us. Have to admit that despite us being up 1-0 and despite us pretty much dominating play... I don’t think the way they are trying to play is all that bad. They are using wingers in Wright and Stewart, looking to get it wide and get early balls in. They’ve also been trying to play a possession game. The issue they have is, as was the case Wednesday, they are coming up against a motivated Rangers side who is giving them very little time on the ball, very little space, being physical.

In fact, actually looks to me as if the Rangers players know it will be McInnes and that the last two games has been an audition for them. The work rate has been markedly higher the last two games.

I wasn't really watching them, so I might be wrong, but I thought they were piss poor. What did they actually create other than a couple of chances from set-pieces? I expect more than that from a Rangers team -- I even expect more than that for a team that is supposed to be clear in 2nd place, although they're not now...

If only we had won those two diddy games against Hamilton and Dundee...

I'm still not campaigning for McInnes but he has been securing them second place finishes with league 1 freebies and no transfer budget. It remains to be seen what he could do with a better quality squad and a multi million transfer budget to improve it.

Clutching at straws, I'm afraid.

As we have seen in the last season and a bit, the standard of SPL football, and officiating, is dire, so what he has achieved has to be seen in that light.

If he is asked, and accepts, I fear that in 18 months, we would be screaming for his dismissal, and the Club will be left with a ragbag of overpayed journeymen, good enough for 2nd in the SPL, but no more, to offload.

I appreciate both sides of the argument. He's done nothing to show himself in a good light over the last two games, and they played some poor football -- football that can't be played at Ibrox. However, he's been very consistent in getting results and 2nd place finishes. We sort of need that. There's also this unknown variable, as to what he can do with a bit more money -- he's not had much at Aberdeen.

Edited by Rousseau

For me a manager has to be driven, tactically astute and most of all have the ability to man manage and get the best out of players!, Murty seems to be doing not too bad

Edited by ian1964

I appreciate both side of the argument. He's done nothing to show himself in a good light over the last two games, and they played some poor football -- football that can't be played at Ibrox. However, he's been very consistent in getting results and 2nd place finishes. We sort of need that. There's also this unknown variable, as to what he can do with a bit more money -- he's not had much at Aberdeen.

Exactly. He's not even in the job - heck he hasn't even been offered it and people are writing him off already. I despair at times with folk I really do

"Failed the Audition",what the hell did you want?. Looks by your comment we should have lost twice,be right "down",then send for the manager who just plotted our downfall to come riding on his white stallion to our rescue.

Me I am just glad that we got the points and proved to our possible new manager we have a squad that seems to have ability with some class.

For me a manager has to be driven, tactically astute and most of all have the ability to man manage and get the best out of players!, Murty seems to be doing not too bad

Go back to a week on Friday eve after Dundee. Quite a few would have paid for Murty's taxi on here.

That is the beauty of this game, it is utterly results-driven. Hence I don't give much on King's remark about this 3-year deal for the next manager, nor the weekly-changing attitudes towards certain people.

Edited by der Berliner

What is it with you folks? We beat his team, not him personally. When he comes to - just in case - he'll have 20odd different players at his disposal of a better quality than what he has now. Had his lot beaten us, which was, truth be told, very much on the cards 6 days ago, would we laud him for his greatness? A touch more perspective is required.

NB: Just imagine we had slaughterd Accies due to the chances we created and had not been humbled by Dundee, we'd be 1 point behind the Scum ... who would want another manager?

The way some are going on a manager is shit once he loses a couple of games.

Go back to a week on Friday eve after Dundee. Quite a few would have paid for Murty's taxi on here.

That is the beauty of this game, it is utterly results-driven. Hence I don't give much on King's remark about this 3-year deal for the next manager, nor the weekly-changing attitudes towards certain people.

Look!, I am not advocating Murty gets the job, whoever the new manager is will come in and have his own ideas on how we set up and play, that could have an negative effect on the team and performances, whereas Murty seems to have the respect of the players and he sets the team out his way and they react him, however he has just won two matches against DM sheep side!