Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

He is being considered for wrong reasons in my opinion. Mainly because he has a Rangers background. That's fine but for me his CV simply isn't good enough.

50-odd matches for the club and being shipped off to play elsewhere doesn't make a Rangers man for me mate.

He might be a Rangers supporter but then so are umpteen thousands of us and none of us are being considered.

I believe the real reason he knocked back Sunderland was because he knew the Rangers job would be available again soon.

I know for a fact that wasn't the reason for that decision mate. I posted the real reasons on here at the time.

Still not McInnes for me. Although I'll certainly back him. I liked him as a player, him and Charlie Miller were good squad players in the 90s. But I still cant see why we are not aiming higher. We certainly need someone with European experience IMO. McInnes in the Europa with Aberdeen has been poor. A vital step in our recovery to the top is competing in Europe and that means the Europa group stages first and we need someone who has guided teams through some games before.

I do like McInnes, good guy and has done well at Aberdeen in the league but we are a different level. If / when he does get the gig his backroom will be key. I dont even know who his No.2 at Aberdeen is.

McInnes is the best realistic candidate. Less of a gamble than anybody else. Of course his team were crap today & last week, but consider this. Aberdeen do not have players as good as us, even last season. The wage bill would prove that. So Rangers should be beating them, but McInnes over-achieved by finishing above us last season.

His team crumbled this week, but the uncertainty plays on the players minds. Just as happened to the Rangers players at times under Graham Murty. As a player McInnes played the night we won 9 in a row & the day we won the league at Parkhead. He won the treble & played in the Champions League under Advocaat, who picked him ahead of Jorg Albertz the night we beat PSV 4-1. When he says Rangers should know their place, he doesn’t mean 3rd in the league!

These comments are being misinterpreted. Every time he had a go at Gers manager, it was to make a point to the Ibrox board who overlooked him when Caixinha was appointed. I believe the real reason he knocked back Sunderland was because he knew the Rangers job would be available again soon.

Last week I put a quid on various candidates who I thought were realistic - Billy Davies, Robbie Nielsen, Stephen Robinson, Neil McCann, Kenny Miller, Alex Neil, Benitez.. however I’d rather have McInnes than most of them (except the last two, who would cost too much in compensation)

Did McInnes over-achieve last season though ? Or did we under-achieve ?

Yet again some mank on one of their forums knows the REAL story --

" As stated, McInnes is away, the SFA (unbelievable) wanted the two games out the way first if possible, leaving him raaaaging, and Craig Brown temp for Sheep for now, and im told this is deffo the case...... "

:roflmao:

Again i'm not campaigning for McInnes in any way but somewhat puzzled that he is a poor manager for failing to beat us over two games. Am I the only one who thinks we have a very good side in SPL terms?

I said in here almost from the beginning that I didn't expect to see the best of this team until into the second quarter and it may simply be the case that they have now gelled and are beginning to hit their stride. That being the case any team outside one would be very fortunate to beat us.

We all talked about the money that had been spent and how we should be dominating almost every team then when we start doing that McInnes is somehow to blame for us being better than the sheep? I don't get it.

Again i'm not campaigning for McInnes in any way but somewhat puzzled that he is a poor manager for failing to beat us over two games. Am I the only one who thinks we have a very good side in SPL terms?

I said in here almost from the beginning that I didn't expect to see the best of this team until into the second quarter and it may simply be the case that they have now gelled and are beginning to hit their stride. That being the case any team outside one would be very fortunate to beat us.

We all talked about the money that had been spent and how we should be dominating almost every team then when we start doing that McInnes is somehow to blame for us being better than the sheep? I don't get it.

I think it was obvious that Pedro had lost the dressing room and he was never going to get this squad going. Murty seems to have pulled everyone together although I do wonder what will happen if he replaces Miller with Morelos as he should. Will he have a dressing room rebellion.

Football is fickle. Murty has taken 6 points from the last 12. I like him but if it’s him or McInnes then I’d take McInnes all day long. And if it is McInnes then it should’ve been done weeks ago. Now Derek is gonna have to start well or the boo boys will be on his back. I see parallels with Eck. Hopefully the fans get behind him. I think the board were hoping for a big name to become available and it has backfired. We need a manager though

I think it was obvious that Pedro had lost the dressing room and he was never going to get this squad going. Murty seems to have pulled everyone together although I do wonder what will happen if he replaces Miller with Morelos as he should. Will he have a dressing room rebellion.

And there's another thing about it. McInnes "failed the audtition" because he couldn't beat us. Does that mean Neil McCann or Martin Canning should be hired because they did beat us in the prior two games? Like I said, I just don't get it.