Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

With Brexit its pre-planned to try derail the exit however our situation is taking way to long and its looking like the Everton situation. Obviously no preference No.1 was made.

The thought of Ferguson even being McInnes No.2 or 3 is depressing, will he throw the toys out the pram if he doesnt get to make decisions. May aswell bring Lee McCulloch also.

I cant believe there isnt better candidates, there is some very good managers down south that need unearthed. Look at what the Sheff Utd and Bristol City managers have done. We need a strong pressence though.

There has been a horrible inevitability that one day, Ferguson would eventually get back to Ibrox.

A great player but would have been better for everyone if he'd given up football entirely when he hung up his boots.

Couldn't hack coaching in the Scottish bottom tier and is an awful pundit.

There has been a horrible inevitability that one day, Ferguson would eventually get back to Ibrox.

A great player but would have been better for everyone if he'd given up football entirely when he hung up his boots.

Couldn't hack coaching in the Scottish bottom tier and is an awful pundit.

I was already feeling uninspired by the prospect of DM, but then I saw this. If BF really does come back in such a role, I'm just going to be speechless. I have no idea what he brings tactically, and his professionalism is seriously in question. Please please please don't have this happen to my club. Many seem to think that having "Rangers men" involved at the club is the answer. However, the reason these Rangers men were preferred in days gone by is because they knew what the club stood for, and exhibited those attributes. It stood for respect, discipline, hard work and class. It's so frustrating to see these important attributes of the club being killed off. I've made no secret of the fact that I liked PC because he had many (but not all) of these qualities. I'm desperate for the next manager to have these too. I think Murty could be a good manager for us and I'd like him to be given the chance but he doesn't appear to me to have the strength and discipline, at least not based on what I've seen so far.

If we bring Barry back, what does that say about what we value? He and Miller will get on just great though. They can share Machiavellian tactics and within 18 months they can both be running the show. They can later write a book "Undermining your manager ... for dummies".

I was already feeling uninspired by the prospect of DM, but then I saw this. If BF really does come back in such a role, I'm just going to be speechless. I have no idea what he brings tactically, and his professionalism is seriously in question. Please please please don't have this happen to my club. Many seem to think that having "Rangers men" involved at the club is the answer. However, the reason these Rangers men were preferred in days gone by is because they knew what the club stood for, and exhibited those attributes. It stood for respect, discipline, hard work and class. It's so frustrating to see these important attributes of the club being killed off. I've made no secret of the fact that I liked PC because he had many (but not all) of these qualities. I'm desperate for the next manager to have these too. I think Murty could be a good manager for us and I'd like him to be given the chance but he doesn't appear to me to have the strength and discipline, at least not based on what I've seen so far.

If we bring Barry back, what does that say about what we value? He and Miller will get on just great though. They can share Machiavellian tactics and within 18 months they can both be running the show. They can later write a book "Undermining your manager ... for dummies".

We aren't in a place and circumstance to be able to make an appointment that many would regard as inspiring.

Even if McInnes hadn't played for Rangers, he would still be the obvious choice at this juncture.

As for Docherty, if he is DM's No.2 then you have to get on with it.

But we can and should avoid Ferguson.

Edited by buster.

We aren't in a place and circumstance to be able to make an appointment that many would regard as inspiring.

Even if McInnes hadn't played for Rangers, he would still be the obvious choice at this juncture.

As for Docherty, if he is DM's No.2 then you have to get on with it.

But we can and should avoid Ferguson.

It depends on what you mean by inspiring. It doesn't have to be a big name. I liked us taking a chance on MW and PC, and I personally thought they were inspiring. Just because they didn't work out doesn't mean that we should stop taking chances on unknown managers with fresh ideas.

It depends on what you mean by inspiring. It doesn't have to be a big name. I liked us taking a chance on MW and PC, and I personally thought they were inspiring. Just because they didn't work out doesn't mean that we should stop taking chances on unknown managers with fresh ideas.

Our circumstances mean we can't currently take a chance on an unknown. It's about reducing risk, squad building, achieveing a better consistency of result and building a base.

The main argument that I see against McInnes for the next 2 or 3 years is that he hasn't made the Europa League group stages (ie. where we need to start going soon). A counter to that is that he now has a fair amount of European experience and with a better squad, it should be reasonable to expect him to go further.