Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Our circumstances mean we can't currently take a chance on an unknown. It's about reducing risk, squad building, achieveing a better consistency of result and building a base.

The main argument that I see against McInnes for the next 2 or 3 years is that he hasn't made the Europa League group stages (ie. where we need to start going soon). A counter to that is that he now has a fair amount of European experience and with a better squad, it should be reasonable to expect him to go further.

That's fair enough, but I don't want to watch that "style" of football for the next 3 years. I'd rather give Murty the job. There are plenty of areas he has to develop, but he at least has the team playing some decent football too. Maybe DM can achieve that with better players. I hope so, otherwise this next 3 years is going to be painful to watch, even if we're winning.

That's fair enough, but I don't want to watch that "style" of football for the next 3 years. I'd rather give Murty the job. There are plenty of areas he has to develop, but he at least has the team playing some decent football too. Maybe DM can achieve that with better players. I hope so, otherwise this next 3 years is going to be painful to watch, even if we're winning.

Giving Murty the job would end in another disaster.

Players don't really respect him and whilst it's all fine when he's won a couple of games, when we get beat it'll be a different story.

--------------------

Winning is more important than style.

First you walk, then maybe later you run...........you can't do it the other way around.

Would Man Utd supporters tolerate a known hater as ass man? Would any other clubs in the world employ a hater of said club? Our enemies would love that, us doing their job for them. Not in a million years would I have TD near our club.

Where or when has he demonstrated this ?

Would Man Utd supporters tolerate a known hater as ass man? Would any other clubs in the world employ a hater of said club? Our enemies would love that, us doing their job for them. Not in a million years would I have TD near our club.

Couldn't agree more. I'd be repulsed if we pay compensation for this no-mark and then paid him wages with funds provided by hard-working Rangers supporters. It would be a real kick in the teeth for those of us who have contributed since 2011.

Don't do it, Rangers!

Our circumstances mean we can't currently take a chance on an unknown. It's about reducing risk, squad building, achieveing a better consistency of result and building a base.

The main argument that I see against McInnes for the next 2 or 3 years is that he hasn't made the Europa League group stages (ie. where we need to start going soon). A counter to that is that he now has a fair amount of European experience and with a better squad, it should be reasonable to expect him to go further.

No the main argument is he's a terrible manager. His tactics are woeful, his formations one dimensional and his ability to affect a game zero.

Being bad at something doesn't make you steady?

He will fail at us and fail badly and we as a club will pay the price. It's not rocket science, it's as clear as day. Like saying that guys a very poor player, he could easily be the worst player we have ever had,we should sign him, he will sort us out.

So just to be clear it has nothing to do with Europe that's just evidence he's a poor manager. The problem is I would put far far more money on him being a bigger distaster as manager than ally McCoist, than I would put on him to be even a remote success.

That's not safe or steady or remotely what we need.

And yes that is where I rate him, the worst we have ever had in our entire history, and I have near zero doubt about that. He's dreadful.

The real world where mccinnes and do docherty are worth £1m?

Nothing about the way we are run is based on the real world it's all based on the past.

I'd partly agree, although there are some important differences taking shape, eg. DoF and influence on footballing operation.

The boardroom certainly needs to evolve and get some business accumen in whilst a decent CEO would be money well spent.

What we've never been good in is getting value for money, we've too often overpaid and undersold. That has to change or we'll never sort our finances out. The quoted compensation figures are way OTT but that's the sheep perogative and our decision to make. If McInnes was to be appointed and do well it would be money well spent but we wouldn't know that until further down the road.

No the main argument is he's a terrible manager. His tactics are woeful, his formations one dimensional and his ability to affect a game zero.

Being bad at something doesn't make you steady��

He will fail at us and fail badly and we as a club will pay the price. It's not rocket science, it's as clear as day. Like saying that guys a very poor player, he could easily be the worst player we have ever had,we should sign him, he will sort us out.

So just to be clear it has nothing to do with Europe that's just evidence he's a poor manager. The problem is I would put far far more money on him being a bigger distaster as manager than ally McCoist, than I would put on him to be even a remote success.

That's not safe or steady or remotely what we need.

And yes that is where I rate him, the worst we have ever had in our entire history, and I have near zero doubt about that. He's dreadful.

He's shagged your Mrs, hasn't he ?

We aren't going to agree but give me a name(s) that you'd put forward or/and give me the remit for the next Rangers manager in his 3 year contract as you see it (year by year).

Edited by buster.

I'd partly agree, although there are some important differences taking shape, eg. DoF and influence on footballing operation.

The boardroom certainly needs to evolve and get some business accumen in whilst a decent CEO would be money well spent.

What we've never been good in is getting value for money, we've too often overpaid and undersold. That has to change or we'll never sort our finances out. The quoted compensation figures are way OTT but that's the sheep perogative and our decision to make. If McInnes was to be appointed and do well it would be money well spent but we wouldn't know that until further down the road.

It's only worth while if paying the million pound is the only way we would have attained what we did.

Think pretty much all of us agree that what they will bring can be had for zero outlay. We don't have a million to gamble on such low returns. Plus it's becoming apparent the dof is as out dated as king. Two peas in a pod that would rather rewind the clock than write a new future.

How do you see mccinnes repaying that million pound in a way nobody else available could have? What makes him and his team worth an outlay of nearly £2m this season?

God even asking that makes me shake my head in bewilderment.