Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

He is being considered for wrong reasons in my opinion. Mainly because he has a Rangers background. That's fine but for me his CV simply isn't good enough.

Yes, there are a lot of better CV's out there but let's be having your names.

They have to be 'viable' in financial terms. Also, realistic regards how Mr.X will objectively view coming to work in Scotland under expectation levels that currently can't be financially backed-up.

And there's another thing about it. McInnes "failed the audtition" because he couldn't beat us. Does that mean Neil McCann or Martin Canning should be hired because they did beat us in the prior two games? Like I said, I just don't get it.

An 'audition' in the minds of some supporters whose memory must be emptied like my cyberbin, every 2 or 3 weeks. We'd probably be looking at 4 managers a year if some of these lads were in charge, which may end up meaning Murty is in charge longer than anyone else.

:laugh::seal:

Again i'm not campaigning for McInnes in any way but somewhat puzzled that he is a poor manager for failing to beat us over two games. Am I the only one who thinks we have a very good side in SPL terms?

I said in here almost from the beginning that I didn't expect to see the best of this team until into the second quarter and it may simply be the case that they have now gelled and are beginning to hit their stride. That being the case any team outside one would be very fortunate to beat us.

We all talked about the money that had been spent and how we should be dominating almost every team then when we start doing that McInnes is somehow to blame for us being better than the sheep? I don't get it.

Not just us. Aberdeen under his stewardship have the worst win % against the old firm in the league I believe. Even kilmarnock fair better.

Not just us. Aberdeen under his stewardship have the worst win % against the old firm in the league I believe. Even kilmarnock fair better.

His overall win % at Aberdeen is by far the best since Alex Ferguson.

If he comes to Rangers then the OF reduces by half.

You could bring in managers a lot better than Derek McInnes and as things stand, they would still get beaten by celtic regularly.

If we use celtic games as the current litmus test, then we'll continue with at least two managers a season and by going down that road, we'll not build any foundation.

His overall win % at Aberdeen is by far the best since Alex Ferguson.

If he comes to Rangers then the OF reduces by half.

You could bring in managers a lot better than Derek McInnes and as things stand, they would still get beaten by celtic regularly.

If we use celtic games as the current litmus test, then we'll continue with at least two managers a season and by going down that road, we'll not build any foundation.

Looks like clear evidence he can't lift his team for big games. Problem is every game at Rangers is like that.

Alex Ferguson was competing against the best teams in Scotland. Derek Mccinnes hasn't been. Hearts, hibs , Dundee utd and Rangers all out the mix. His win percentage is meaningless especially when you consider he has had double the budget of the rest too.Not so sure AF had double the budget of the other teams.

At best he has done the bare minimum expected with stats making it look better than the reality as they often do.

Personally think the club has no idea how to identify a manager that we need.

Two biggest skills needed.

1. Can lift his team and play every game like a cup final

2. Can break down two banks of 4/5.

Last twenty minutes when we went down to 10 and reverted to two banks of five Mccinnes was unable to take any advantage. That really worries me.

It looked like he failed to give his players the formation and tools they needed rather than his players failing to follow out his instructions.

That's not to diminish our players achiements they were superb yesterday and gave it their all.

Personally think the club has no idea how to identify a manager that we need.

Two biggest skills needed.

1. Can lift his team and play every game like a cup final

2. Can break down two banks of 4/5.

Last twenty minutes when we went down to 10 and reverted to two banks of five Mccinnes was unable to take any advantage. That really worries me.

It looked like he failed to give his players the formation and tools they needed rather than his players failing to follow out his instructions.

That's not to diminish our players achiements they were superb yesterday and gave it their all.

They have to operate in the real world though.

I think it was obvious that Pedro had lost the dressing room and he was never going to get this squad going. Murty seems to have pulled everyone together although I do wonder what will happen if he replaces Miller with Morelos as he should. Will he have a dressing room rebellion.

Indeed Pete. I am also interested to see what happens here. The easy way to stop the rebellion was to start playing Miller again, and there's no doubt is has returned the harmony, but he just shouldn't be playing. I like Murty, but it was a huge mistake playing Miller (despite him scoring) on his first game in charge. To be fair to Murty though, Mark Allen has enough experience to know this, and I'm disappointed in our CEO too for not stepping in to sort this out. Even if the problem with PC was more than Miller, they should have got rid of Miller before, or shortly after, PC went. Or maybe they all wanted to give Murty the chance to show he can manage difficult dressing room situations. Perhaps Murty was so desperate to show he could reunite the team (because let's face it, he really wants the job) that he took the simple option rather than the correct one. For me, Murty could be a good manager but he needs to demonstrate that strength and discipline himself. I'd personally give him a shot at it.