Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Why not? If he does the best for Rangers I dont have any issue. I would stand for it! Your Neanderthal mentality is all thats wrong.

As it happens Gribz I agree with Gonzo in this case mate. I haven't seen or met one yet who isn't affected by the tim mindset. Twisted bastards every single one of them.

Re Mark Allen and all that ...

I wasn't ready to walk away from Aberdeen role, reveals McInnes

By Gavin McCafferty

December 9 2017

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has revealed he did not want to "tarnish" the relationships he has forged at Pittodrie by walking out for Rangers.

The former Gers midfielder spent two days in talks with Dons chairman Stewart Milne after Aberdeen rebuffed an approach from Ibrox on Tuesday before reiterating his commitment to the club.

The decision followed six weeks of intense speculation over his future after Rangers sacked Pedro Caixinha.

McInnes said: "It's been a challenge for everybody. I had something to consider, as it is in life. If you are deemed to be doing well, you normally get opportunities and offers and decisions to make.

"But I wasn't prepared to walk away just yet. I'm happy here, and I wasn't prepared to tarnish relationships I have built.

"Hopefully everything gets settled down. None of this has been of our own doing. Since the official approach was made on Tuesday we quickly got it put to bed."

McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty missed two days of training immediately before last night's trip to face Dundee.

"We want to get back to normal practice," he said ahead of the trip to Dens Park. "We have tried to be as normal and professional as possible throughout it. I don't like when we don't win games. Ultimately that's why there has been a bit of a cloud."

Belfast Telegraph

... but that is sure "just posturing to the Aberdeen support and the management and he had to say that"?

I WOULD assume that had we had ANY sort of contact with him, we would have known about his stance.

We can't have an ex-Tim player, manager or a Tim fan managing Rangers. No chance. I can't believe any Rangers supporter would stand for it.

Proud'homme or Tommy Wright for this Bear.

I can't believe any Rangers supporter would want Tommy Wright...

Edited by Rousseau

Originally Posted by RANGERRAB View Post

Given the fact Aberdeen refused us permission to speak to McInnes I don't see how we could have had any discussions with him about transfers or anything else

You know, I read about what an embarrassment the Board or the club is since we were declined to speak to McInnes and his decline to join us. And how long it takes to find a new Rangers manager and whatnot.

Well I grant that the Scottish guys are probably "well conditioned" by the amount of negativity that comes their way on a daily basis for about 6 years or so, but I am still more disappointed in the amount of acceptance of hearsay and conjecture being welcomed instead of either reason or indeed information given by the club. While I know some will aim their barrels at me saying "you cannot and shall not trust everything that comes from the club as truth", I would reply in kind that there is no need to do the contrary either. For that is what appears to be the case more often than not.

Just take the stuff above. People said all was done and dusted weeks ago, despite we have not been allowed to talk to McInnes. Whispers in the background and all. Now, had we talked to McInnes, do we all think that there would not have been any of the same whispers telling the media about this and Aberdeen - you know, these hate-filled idiots from the East who really like us, from top to bottom - would not have come out all guns blazing and sued us for tapping McInnes up? Or are we to expect that this side of the hush-hush stuff would be immune to leaks?

In any case, given the fact that we have very little information either way, perhaps we should let reason prevail? What we know is that we officially did not speak to McInnes. What we see is a certain amount of speculation that does essentially just one thing: discredit the Board. I would suggest that we stay vigilant as ever, but untowards everyone.

I thought everybody knew how this worked. You see Football players and managers have people they call agents. Agents do all the negotiations before hand to see if they can reach a deal and if the person is interested. The very last thing that happens is that the player or manager talks to the club himself. What would be the point of Rangers asking Aberdeen if McInnes was interested. When a club asks for permission to talk to a manager then everything is normally in place and the meeting is mostly a formality. Signing the contract and photo-shoot.