Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Yeah, I also admire Wright's work but think I'd prefer McInnes.

Not convinced it will be either now. Surely if it was the latter, it would have been done and dusted.

I can't decide. At one level, we could have appointed him within days of Pedro leaving so the delay makes it less likely. But equally, we might be just making sure rather than rushing to an appointment. After Pedro, I can't see them going for another left field appointment and it's not like there's anybody who's known (or suspected) to be in the frame who'd be an obviously better fit. A lot of the better known names look over the hill, on a downward trajectory or have built whatever success they've had on spending money we can't give them. So, in short, McInnes still remains the most obvious appointment [and, with my record, a confident prediction like that should see a completely different appointment made this afternoon!]

Like this scenario, put forward on twitter by Phantomco.

Things tend to happen when King is here. Aberdeen game 29th, AGM 30th.....McInnes hired on the 28th?

I could see him being hired just prior to the first game against the sheep but Murty managing those games and him officially starting after. Like what we did with Pedro and the tims.

Mr. Coleman has taken up the reigns at Sunderland, so that one out of contention (if he ever was there anyway). Bit of a blow for Wales.

I would assume that anything McInnes won't be decided before the Sheep double-header, one way or another. If he's appointed before December 3rd, he'll get stoned on that day in Sheepland Central.