Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Having been at AZ I doubt he had much money there. Advocaat does not have the time anymore to wait for a top club with plenty of money. in the Dutch team he also had to work with what he had, which isn't great. it probably won't be happening but I think DA would jump at it.

On a sidenote, am I right in saying that van Bronckhorst is still under contract at Feyenoord and thus we might need to pay compensation for him too?

I would imagine so but it depends what is in his contract. I will be shocked if GvB leaves Feynoord any time soon.

Just wish all this crap is over soon it is getting to the stage of paranoia.

I’m quite happy for it to run its course. Take the time needed and do the proper due diligence to make the RIGHT choice. If it takes 2 days then great. If it takes 6 months then fine !

Having been at AZ I doubt he had much money there. Advocaat does not have the time anymore to wait for a top club with plenty of money. in the Dutch team he also had to work with what he had, which isn't great. it probably won't be happening but I think DA would jump at it.

I believe he is a money manager too. But I also believe he is a far better tactician than McInnes could ever hope to be.

I believe he is a money manager too. But I also believe he is a far better tactician than McInnes could ever hope to be.

Oh he definitely was a money manager that is for sure. It is slightly different now though. He is 71 and wants one more contract for 2 years. He does not have the time to wait and I think as long as his own bank balance is growing he will take a job like Rangers guiding a young manager. He did the same with GvB until he got the Dutch job.

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever DA will return.

I still think McInnes was favourite until better candidates declared their interest.

Now the Rangers board have given themselves a problem of their own making.

Never sack a manager unless you've got a replacement lined up