Sadly Hamden has seen its day was great when I went to a crowd of 134000 let's make Murrayfield the place for finals and our fans can soak up a bit of culture on a visit to Edinburgh .

As a regular visitor to Murrayfield myself, I don't know if I'm entirely at ease with the thought of riff raff using the place on a routine basis :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But considerably more than the 5 mill you suggested earlier :ninja:

Also, nothing to do with Thatcher refusing funding either :thup:

Actually I knew the £5million figure was in my mind so did a bit of googling and found this.

It seems Teddy Taylor was behind a plan to actually have the stadium demolished

He thought it might be a way of winning back the Cathcart seat by appeasing residents.

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17855&st=0&start=0

Who knows what the future holds. I do not think Hampden will disappear. Far from it.

I think it will be needed. But by who ?

I have heard a whisper that structural engineers currently monitor differential movement at the piggery, or at least that grandstand which contains the green brigade. I think that this is the East end of the ground.

Apparently there is evidence from tell tales that settlement/ movement is occurring and continuing.

Quite how severe this is, I don't know, nor is it clear what extent of remedial works are likely to be required. Investigations have not, it seems, gone beyond desk studies and the current monitoring.

It would be churlish to wish for it to be serious.

It will be interesting, however, to find out more.

I have heard a whisper that structural engineers currently monitor differential movement at the piggery, or at least that grandstand which contains the green brigade. I think that this is the East end of the ground.

Apparently there is evidence from tell tales that settlement/ movement is occurring and continuing.

Quite how severe this is, I don't know, nor is it clear what extent of remedial works are likely to be required. Investigations have not, it seems, gone beyond desk studies and the current monitoring.

It would be churlish to wish for it to be serious.

It will be interesting, however, to find out more.

The usual scenario with problems like that is for the place to burn down to the ground.

They used Hampden before. Another flit there for a few years while their new cowshed gets built wouldn't surprise me.