Their main stand has to have structural pillars put in place after each and every home game does it not ? Am sure I have seen photographic evidence. Apparently the roof on the main stand could completely lift off at any point in time so they have these pillars inserted after each game - seemingly the issue isn't there when people are in attendance as they weigh the issue down.

Or am I just imagining things ? Am sure I saw that on here a few months ago.

Their main stand has to have structural pillars put in place after each and every home game does it not ? Am sure I have seen photographic evidence. Apparently the roof on the main stand could completely lift off at any point in time so they have these pillars inserted after each game - seemingly the issue isn't there when people are in attendance as they weigh the issue down.

Or am I just imagining things ? Am sure I saw that on here a few months ago.

You're right; there's some kind of windbracing tying the stand together, when its devoid of bodies.

The monitoring of movement is of a different stand.

Edited by Uilleam

That was my first final as a 8 year old kid

It was my first Scottish Cup Final (I was 13), although I had seen a couple of Skol Cup Finals already - Cooper's free kick against Aberdeen will live with me forever...I could hear the ball hit the net from the North terrace.

I liked Hampden prior to renovation. It's sub-standard now though. I enjoyed Murrayfield but it did feel like a noveĺty venue.

There have been rumours of problems with the structure at the Piggery for a few years...I take them with a pinch of salt but would be quite happy if they are true.

Yes, a lot of nonsense and wishful thinking has been put into the public domain.

I am advised, however, that engineers are now monitoring structural movement.

It was my first Scottish Cup Final (I was 13), although I had seen a couple of Skol Cup Finals already - Cooper's free kick against Aberdeen will live with me forever...I could hear the ball hit the net from the North terrace.

I liked Hampden prior to renovation. It's sub-standard now though. I enjoyed Murrayfield but it did feel like a noveĺty venue.

I thought Murrayfield was excellent but obviously helped we won