Mad Joe : Another Poppy Trap Tomorrow.

Read somewhere that Celtic were the only team in Britain not to have a poppy on the shirt. Not sure if that's accurate

Wouldn't surprise me. Watching MOTD JamesMacLean getting dogs abuse from Huddersfield supporters. GOOD.

Everyone now beginning to turn on these pondlife. Long May that continue

Read somewhere that Celtic were the only team in Britain not to have a poppy on the shirt. Not sure if that's accurate

Davie‏*@coplandrear4 12h

Only 1 foorball club the length of Great Britain will not display the poppy this weekend.

They are filth, pure & simple

Feel free to share

https://twitter.com/VanguardBears'>https://twitter.com/VanguardBears

Jamie Bryson‏

Verified account

*@JamieBrysonCPNI 6h

6 hours ago

No surprise to see Celtic FC refusing to wear a Poppy. Exercising their freedom to disrespect those that fought for that freedom.

https://twitter.com/VanguardBears

The minutes silence isn't about politics, it's not a stance taken by some party in disagreement with another. It's a custom the country and many others have followed for over 100 years.

In saying that we all know this freak is a simple minded bigoted nutcase out of step with not just this nation but all the other European nations and even further afield in the US where they too remember their war dead. The Irish war dead are being remembered for crying out loud.

We should welcome his stupidity as it highlights to the entire country that this club and it's followers carries with it an openly expressed element as venomous and anti British as we could imagine in Britain.

Maybe he should moce to his beloved Ireland.

To be totally honest, I think the poppy thing is a bit over done these days but a minute's silence at a football match isn't too much to ask, especially considering the sacrifice made by so many.

The minutes silence isn't about politics, it's not a stance taken by some party in disagreement with another. It's a custom the country and many others have followed for over 100 years.

In saying that we all know this freak is a simple minded bigoted nutcase out of step with not just this nation but all the other European nations and even further afield in the US where they too remember their war dead. The Irish war dead are being remembered for crying out loud.

We should welcome his stupidity as it highlights to the entire country that this club and it's followers carries with it an openly expressed element as venomous and anti British as we could imagine in Britain.

When I was in the merchant navy we ended up in a place called Le Verdon in France. Myself and 2 other Scots wandered into the town to find the place totally deserted. Then we heard music and saw a procession heading to the local cenotaph. The majority of the town must have been taking part. It clicked with us that it was Armistice Day which they seemed to treat like New Year. The locals really went out of their way for us and wouldn't let us pay for anything the whole time we were there.

Here we'd probably get some wee bawbag in green and grey ruining the entire thing.

Don't know if any on here served in WW11 but like others our parents probably served in the forces during the war or afterwards.No doubt many scum followers had parents who done the same.

It is a sad sad situation that brings them to disinherit what their fore-bearers fought for but at least we have total dignity and respect and long may we continue with that tradition.:uk:

Don't know if any on here served in WW11 but like others our parents probably served in the forces during the war or afterwards.No doubt many scum followers had parents who done the same.

It is a sad sad situation that brings them to disinherit what their fore-bearers fought for but at least we have total dignity and respect and long may we continue with that tradition.:uk:

My grandad, my mothers father, had absolutely no interest in football. He refused his own fathers request that he become a freemason, losing inheritance of the family business by doing so. He married an RC and had 6 daughters , all brought up practicing RC's. I never in the whole time I knew him heard him make a religious or political remark. The only time I ever heard him say anything at all controversial was when he said that on the day WW2 was declared you couldn't get near Broomielaw for all those heading back to Ireland.

Yes I know that many from Eire fought beside our boys. A good friend of mine served alongside some of them. But it's the plastic paddys I simply cannot stand. They live here while loving the ouwld country but feck off over the water the first time they are asked to justify their existence.