It is maybe Rubbish in your eyes. That doesen't make it rubbish. :thup:

12 million is a bit more than 2.2 million:thup:

"Rubbish" is the statement that Pena and Herrera are a waste of money of Flo-like proportions*, as both have contributed vital goals and assists despite playing not much, methinks Herrera even saved us from embarrassment in a League Cup Quarter Final. And IMHO any critic of him is essentially taking the mickey, as a) he's only played sporadically and b) not with another striker next to him. And that is more down to the respective managers than the lad's ability or form - of whom we can say very litte with any conviction. We hardly ever played with 2 strikers up front and thus he's solely used as sub for Morelos. And with a Miller and a Windass next to yourself, you have an uphill task ahead of you even without taking the defenders into consideration.

Pena likewise takes an unreasonable amount of stick. We hardly know why exactly he hasn't played that much or whether he's fit to play. His "looks" do not exactly concern me, as Maradona or Le Tissier never really looked that fit. I don't compare him to either ability-wise, but being a "fit-looking" lad does not equate with being a good footballer either. He's hardly been given a run to establish himself in the side or get acquainted to the game in Scotland ... yet for some reason people think he only has himself to blame. As with Herrera, play him with decent enough people next to him, footballers like Kranjcar who can pick a pass and not hastily give the ball away like it was a hot potato, and we might reap greater rewards than people might think. Hopefully the next gaffer will test that out.

* We have splashed millions on players that didn't even play for as (such as Prodan) and many more who contributed very little in their usually short careers. That can be regarded as a waste on hindsight. And as I said, both Mexicans have helped us thus far and will most likely do so in the near future too. Maybe we wait a little before flinging superlatives their way?

You don't get 19 caps for Mexico if you have no ability.....but neither can you ignore the reasons why his last cap was 3 years ago.

There currently seems to be a mutual lack of interest between club and player that either gets (partly) resolved by a new manager or we try to mitigate the financial loss in January/summer.

It's getting to the stage where he might get a game because there is nobody else left.

What i don't understand is in Murty's pre-game interview for Dundee, he was questioned as to why Pena returned to the squad and Murty's reasoning was basically that he somehow, no matter what, always seems to get a goal in training. Doesn't matter whats happening Pena always seems to pop-up with a goal......

So how, when we are desperate for a goal, does he not come on??

What i don't understand is in Murty's pre-game interview for Dundee, he was questioned as to why Pena returned to the squad and Murty's reasoning was basically that he somehow, no matter what, always seems to get a goal in training. Doesn't matter whats happening Pena always seems to pop-up with a goal......

So how, when we are desperate for a goal, does he not come on??

If he's scoring all the time in training....does that not imply that he's training well....and therefore indicates that players are not being picked based on training performance???

Pena scores more than Miller. Both look average footballers, so get the scorer on. It's not rocket science.

Pena is also more of an attacking midfielder, rather than a striker.

Miller is a striker who appears to want to be a midfielder as well.

I'd play Pena over Miller any day.