Scottish Cup draw: Fraserburgh v Rangers

Personally I think the game should be played at the home ground of the team involved unless safety issues are present. It is also unfair to the other teams in the Highland league if a team gets a huge payout by moving to a larger ground. If they do allow it the the money should only be allowed for improvement to the stadium and not to pay players wages.

• 2 weeks later...

Fraserburgh’s Scottish Cup tie with Rangers will be played at Bellslea and will be shown live on television.

The Broch were paired with the Gers in the fourth round of the cup and it is understood the match will be played on Sunday, January 21, so it can be beamed live.

It is also understood Sky Sports will broadcast the game which will net the Buchan club £32,500.

This sum is significantly less than last season due to changes in the way TV cash and prize money are distributed.

Previously clubs received £82,500 if their game was chosen for live TV coverage.

Representatives from Sky, who will show two fourth round matches live, were in the North-east last week to look at Bellslea and also to look for accommodation for their staff covering the clash.

It is also understood that Bellslea will be deemed suitable to host the game.

Fraserburgh have publicly expressed their desire to have the tie at their own ground and their wishes will be met.

Temporary stands will be brought in by the Broch to try to maximise the attendance.

Broch working hard to get the capacity up to nearer the 2K mark, will depend on Old Bill and Peelers how close they get.

FS has spare bedrooms and an overstocked drinks cabinet, but he is so excited about this game he can hardly think straight just now so has asked me to arrange the party and sleepovers at his gaff.

Regular Gernetters just drop me a PM and I'll forward you his address and get you booked in

Sash Bash and sausage rolls after game, bed-time and lights out 22:30

Edit - Btw I'll never forget Laudrup being subbed and the entire Keith support rising to their feet to applaud him off the park at Pittodrie.

Yup he ran down the touchline and went straight to the dressing rooms and the Keith fans in the main stand stood an applauded him.

I remember the big conga by the Gers fans in the Richard Donald stand during the match.

I think Fraserburgh could have moved this one to Pittordrie its a good pay day for small clubs. Queens Park must be set up for a decade after playing us at home at Hampden getting 30000 a few times.

Yup he ran down the touchline and went straight to the dressing rooms and the Keith fans in the main stand stood an applauded him.

I remember the big conga by the Gers fans in the Richard Donald stand during the match.

I think Fraserburgh could have moved this one to Pittordrie its a good pay day for small clubs. Queens Park must be set up for a decade after playing us at home at Hampden getting 30000 a few times.

Not allowed to move nowadays unless there are safety concerns, Fraserburgh ground has safety cert so all the talk of venue change was moot, they had to play the game there.

Another example of Scottish football authorities ideas for improving the domestic product - don't allow small clubs to switch their home games to bigger ground so more people can go and watch football and club gets financial boost.

If it wasn't Scotland you wouldn't believe the contrary logic

£32,000?? Not exactly a windfall for them. Shame on Sky for doing Fraserburgh out of money, but they will be desperately hoping we get knocked out so they can show it live. I only hope we have a manager by then, and I’m not being sarcastic!

£32,000?? Not exactly a windfall for them. Shame on Sky for doing Fraserburgh out of money, but they will be desperately hoping we get knocked out so they can show it live. I only hope we have a manager by then, and I’m not being sarcastic!

Reducing the pyt. from 82 to 32 is a swinging cut.

Anyone any idea of how the quoted "redistribution" works ?

I very much doubt Sky will be hoping we get knocked out we are far too much a moneymaker for them.

I don't think it is Sky that is doing them out of money I think it is the SFA that is distributing the money differently.

Probably most going to bail the SFA out of there financial problems.