Dundee 2 Rangers 1 post match discussion

For over the past 5 years now I've been banging my head against a brick wall saying we're not right in MF. We constantly get outnumbered & overrun.This goes back to when McCoist was in charge.

Last night we had just Jack & Holt in Central MF. I believe we need 3 in that area to make us harder to play against & harder to beat.

With the squad we have at present, I'd prefer to see us go 3-5-2 with Tav and either Windass/John in the wide areas of the 5.

The fans have had a sense of urgency over this appointment that has been lacking in the board. I know nothing about the politics of the board, but I do know I have run out of faith in them. Three managers in a year is incompetence at any level. Strong, decisive leadership is required before the terraces start to empty.

Every match we see our players getting bullied all over the pitch, but also every team are allowed by the refs to kick our players up and down the pitch without punishment, we do not have one player who can match the physical approach we face from every team, weak hearted!

For over the past 5 years now I've been banging my head against a brick wall saying we're not right in MF. We constantly get outnumbered & overrun.This goes back to when McCoist was in charge.

Last night we had just Jack & Holt in Central MF. I believe we need 3 in that area to make us harder to play against & harder to beat.

With the squad we have at present, I'd prefer to see us go 3-5-2 with Tav and either Windass/John in the wide areas of the 5.

I'd actually go a step further. We need to dominate the midfield with quality, aggression and a physical presence. You would hope that Cardoso and Alves are fit for Aberdeen and if so, I'd go three at the back with them and Jack on the right side - unless McCrorie is fit. We were in dire need of a good defensive MF, but I reckon Alves and Cardoso are better than what we had before and a DM is less required - if the MF ahead of them is actually clicking. Rossiter and Dorrans would add some steel in there, but they are not about right now. In fact, with the physics, pace and tenacity shown by McCrorie, he might be used in a DM / front-of-defence sweeper role better than some others, at least from recent experience.

I'd chuck Tav and have Candeias and John on the wings. And they have to stay there. Yesterday, Windass and Candeias were interchanging positions and Tav was his lackadaisical self again. And the accuracy of his passsing of late ... deserves a place on the bench. We need two striker at the top, strikers who stay there. Both Morelos and later on Herrera were virtually up alone against two or three Dundee defenders, as Windass and Miller were all over the place. Holt was tied in DM so the attack line was no real concern for Dundee and consequently invited them to attack us in turn. So if fit, Herrera and Morelos should start.

Which leaves us with the creative department. People jump on their back like there is no tomorrow, but fact is that neither Kranjcar nor Pena have played enough (not least together) to deserve the FLAK they are getting. So lump them in together and see what happens. it can't go any worse than what we have seen yesterday, can it?! So Murty, jump over your shadow, show some guts and be a manager yourself!

Foderingham

Jack/McCrorie - Alves - Cardoso

Candeias - Pena - Kranjcar - Holt - John

Herrera - Morelos/Hardie

NB: That chap Matt O'Hara of Dundee, just 21 and out of contract next summer. Ticks a few boxes we currently miss in our midfield ... though he looks and behaves like one of them.

Totally agree Rab! I would get Windass “Tae F@#k” and play DJ and Tav in the midfield five. I don’t know what the situation is with Bruno? However, him, Cardozo and Mcrorie would be the back three. That would leave Dorrans, Jack and i have suggested before perhaps Baronjas or Holt? I would honestly like to see Hardie get a run with Morelos. Herrera is not the answer. He can go along with Pena and Dalcio. Candeias I would keep I’m just not sure where he fits in the side?

I liked the way Warburton played with ball domination. We just needed a better standard of player to carry it out and also have a cutting edge. Celtic play the same way. Get the ball back as quick as possible and preferably in the opponents half.

I liked the way Warburton played with ball domination. We just needed a better standard of player to carry it out and also have a cutting edge. Celtic play the same way. Get the ball back as quick as possible and preferably in the opponents half.

Pete yes it is good to watching nice passing football . The problem is we play this football where it dose not have any chance of us scoring a goal.

The problem is as you and i know the players have no heart or fight in them just look at Hamilton or Dundee poor players with some heart and on a fraction of the money.

Now we are landed with these players with no chance of any money back for them . So do we keep playing these imposters or do we try and offload and pay part of the wages to some team who are crazy enough to take them. I would rather watch youth players learning the trade than this dross.

Sorry about the rant guys am usually a lurker but needed to blow of some steam i am hurting same as you and yes i still love my team No surrender.

I still love Rangers. Not so sure about the current team though...not much to love, in all honesty.

If this season is going to be a write-off then we may as well give some of the youths a few games. Barjonas and Beerman and anyone who can replace Miller and Windass.

By the way, that filthy wee rhat McGown's tackle and twist on McCrorie - I was livid at that and he only got a yellow. How many times are opposition players going to get away with this sort of stuff? That O'Hara needs dealt with in a Souness style as well.

dB, Jack in a back 3 makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. He’s the only midfielder presently who offers cover to a back 4, so quite why anyone would want to move our only proper defensive midfielder from a position he has done well in and put him into a back 3 is beyond me.

Pena, Krancjar and Holt as the central midfield 3 is too weak. Which is why if we go 3 at the back then we need to keep Jack in there.

If we are to play 3 at the back then use 3 CB’s - Alves with Wilson and Cardoso either side of him (McCrorie if fit could replace either one).