Dundee 2 Rangers 1 post match discussion

Carlos Pena to return to Rangers squad for Dundee clash

Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89

CARLOS PENA will return to the Rangers squad for the trip to Dundee tonight.

The midfielder hasn't featured for the Light Blues since the League Cup defeat to Motherwell last month.

Pena has been overlooked by Graeme Murty in recent weeks but the interim boss said: "Carlos is part of the squad for Dundee and has been in with the group the whole time.

“He seems settled and is very jovial and goes about his work with no problem. “He’s good to be around – he’s bright and lively and ready to go forward as part of the squad."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15680569.Carlos_Pena_to_return_to_Rangers_squad_for_Dundee_clash/

A number 10, or second-striker, coming deep into midfield is nothing new and can be an effective ploy. It's just that Miller is crap at it. I think we have to differentiate between the role -- which is good and effective -- and the player -- who is crap at it!

I think Windass would be better at it: he's got good ball control, he's creative, and can get up and support Morelos more quickly with his pace. Pena is better at the top end, but I don't see him creating from deep as well. Having two players behind him [Windass] will negate his poorer defensive game, to a certain extent.

Edited by Rousseau