I have often talked about coming down the stairway as a young boy. this may give some idea on what it was like. This looks actually quite quiet I remember you could not move unless the crowd moved.4L7AdUN.jpg

Looks scary.

It was believe me especially as a young nipper where all you can see is the back of the person in front. You regularly heard shouts trying to stop people coming on to the stair to release some of the pressure

I have often talked about coming down the stairway as a young boy. this may give some idea on what it was like. This looks actually quite quiet I remember you could not move unless the crowd moved.4L7AdUN.jpg

Looking at that picture, you can clearly see the dog-leg at the bottom, required to align those leaving with the exit aperture. What you cannot see are the ten feet high railway sleepers piled to the right as we look, to funnel those departing to the exit. Further, once out, you had to dog-leg again to funnel on to Harrison Drive.

As the song goes ... thanks for the memories. You forget the sheer scale of those embankments and stairways.

As much as the atmosphere in modern day football stadiums (possibly more to do with fans) is terrible I'm glad I started going to Ibrox when it was a lot safer.

Blast from the past - how are things Gav ?

As much as the atmosphere in modern day football stadiums (possibly more to do with fans) is terrible I'm glad I started going to Ibrox when it was a lot safer.

Hey welcome back mate. I hope all is well with you and the family.