Dorrans out for 3 months.

Dorrans has been quite disappointing and yet another statistic of the "plastic pitch" which seems to haunt us.

Quite honestly I can't understand the injury problems nowadays, In my day there were the odd broken legs or severe bruising that guys just worked through. The blokes who got knee problems, miniscus or cartilage were just thought of as somehow "weak" .

I know that is totally wrong but ffs, a tackle on the training ground or warming up before a match sees players out for weeks ? :eek:

Quite honestly I can't understand the injury problems nowadays, In my day there were the odd broken legs or severe bruising that guys just worked through. The blokes who got knee problems, miniscus or cartilage were just thought of as somehow "weak" .

I know that is totally wrong but ffs, a tackle on the training ground or warming up before a match sees players out for weeks ? :eek:

To be fair in the past a miniscus or cartilage operation meant them opening up your knee and cutting away a part of the cartilage putting a player out for at least 6 months. Now it is keyhole surgery and you can be playing again in weeks.

Football is far more physical\Athletic gam as in the olden days. I remember an old Rangers player saying "We used to run 10 yards and kick the ball 40 yards. Now they pass the ball 10 yards and sprint for 40 yards"

To be fair in the past a miniscus or cartilage operation meant them opening up your knee and cutting away a part of the cartilage putting a player out for at least 6 months. Now it is keyhole surgery and you can be playing again in weeks.

Football is far more physical\Athletic game as in the olden days. I remember an old Rangers player saying "We used to run 10 yards and kick the ball 40 yards. Now they pass the ball 10 yards and sprint for 40 yards"

Edited by pete

I think the more fit and athletic a person is, the more likely to sustain long term injuries they are. Footballers are built like proper athletes now, whereas going back 20-30 years you had skinny and fairly chunky blokes all over the pitch.

I think if Dorrans had been playing in a more settled line up and in a more favoured role we would have seen better from him. He certainly hasnt done bad, I think fans expected more though. Had a fully fit Kranjcar and Dorrans been available together more often then I think ratings would have been higher.

I think if Dorrans had been playing in a more settled line up and in a more favoured role we would have seen better from him. He certainly hasnt done bad, I think fans expected more though. Had a fully fit Kranjcar and Dorrans been available together more often then I think ratings would have been higher.

I am afraid I don't think we will ever see a fully fit Kranjcar. I hope I am wrong.