[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (John 39)

The continual overlooking of Kranjcar is strange. If he's done then don't put him on the bench, if he's not then play him. I wouldn't have played Pena today, not his surface and without Jack's industry he'd have been a complete passenger in my opinion. I think Murty changed it because Kilmarnock are decent out wide and our diamond is narrow and would have given them too much space. Still, what he did do didn't work either. You also have to ask when Hardie will get a run.

Krancjar continually gets overlooked because he's past it.

The most depressing thing about this defeat is that there was absolutely nothing Graeme Murty could do about it during the game. He had no substitutes worth using, or the know-how to counter a very effective 4-3-3 at this level.

If appointing Pedro was a mistake, giving Murty this role now looks like a bigger one.

I would take Steve Clarke, Mulumbu and Jordan Jones in a heartbeat.

Krancjar continually gets overlooked because he's past it.

That's an urban myth though. He was on for a few minutes last week and laid two chances on Windass' and Tav's feet only for them to blew them. We don't need him running about bullying people, but we need him sending passes and crosses about.

Today it was utterly criminal. We had a block of four chaps defending through the middle, and 2 on the flanks. No creativity whatsoever and Wilson and Bates where constantly sending long balls up the park for Candeias, John and Windass to chase ... with two defenders chasing them down respectively. Put Kranjcar through the middle, hand him a ball and he sends it on with precision up top or into free spaces. Up top would mean Herrera AND Morelos, who both show aggression and can actually play a ball. We tried to stop Killie's game plan rather than doing our own stuff, got down to their level and were handsomely beaten at it.

He should have played the diamond with Pena in the point, McCrorie at the back and Holt and Barjonas in the middle.

He could even have played Herrera up front and put Morelos in the point.

Windass or Kranjcar in the point was another option as was 3 at the back.

There were plenty of options he just picked the wrong one.

And while I'm willing to accept that, I was astonished that he simply did not change anything (again) after it was too late. We should have done something by the 60th minute at the very latest, for Killie were coming at us in wave after wave.

That's an urban myth though. He was on for a few minutes last week and laid two chances on Windass' and Tav's feet only for them to blew them. We don't need him running about bullying people, but we need him sending passes and crosses about.

Today it was utterly criminal. We had a block of four chaps defending through the middle, and 2 on the flanks. No creativity whatsoever and Wilson and Bates where constantly sending long balls up the park for Candeias, John and Windass to chase ... with two defenders chasing them down respectively. Put Kranjcar through the middle, hand him a ball and he sends it on with precision up top or into free spaces. Up top would mean Herrera AND Morelos, who both show aggression and can actually play a ball. We tried to stop Killie's game plan rather than doing our own stuff, got down to their level and were handsomely beaten at it.

An urban myth? It's an undeniable fact. Jesus Christ, man. Try to be at least a little objective from time to time. Otherwise your opinion is irrelevant.

The most depressing thing about this defeat is that there was absolutely nothing Graeme Murty could do about it during the game. He had no substitutes worth using, or the know-how to counter a very effective 4-3-3 at this level.

If appointing Pedro was a mistake, giving Murty this role now looks like a bigger one.

I would take Steve Clarke, Mulumbu and Jordan Jones in a heartbeat.

Whilst I generally couldn't care less who or what we have at our club as long they're talented, I would normally stop short at appointing a tim as our manager. I mean how ridiculous as that? However, given the never ending incompetency we're being subjected to, I would literally take ANYONE. We seem to have an uncanny knack for appointing absolutely dire managers, Our current manager is probably the worst manager in the SPL.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

An urban myth? It's an undeniable fact. Jesus Christ, man. Try to be at least a little objective from time to time. Otherwise your opinion is irrelevant.

Kranjcar has played how many minutes this season? After his injury. Late subs and all that? 49 mins since the end of October in 2 games. He's been thrown on late in games with different players around him, hardly ever been able to get to game speed at all or to get any great understanding with the folk around him. Even the haters can't deny that. Go ask the managers why they see need to utilize a blind-firing Miller or a utterly defense-minded MF and hardly a positive line up all season. And it is utterly beyond joke that people actually blame Pena, Niko and Herrera for "not being good enough", when they have hardly had a chance to play - not least alongside one another. Shooting at sitting ducks is oh so simple .... and whether my opinion matters to you is sure nothing I lose sleep on.

Kranjcar has played how many minutes this season? After his injury. Late subs and all that? 49 mins since the end of October in 2 games. He's been thrown on late in games with different players around him, hardly ever been able to get to game speed at all or to get any great understanding with the folk around him. Even the haters can't deny that. Go ask the managers why they see need to utilize a blind-firing Miller or a utterly defense-minded MF and hardly a positive line up all season. And it is utterly beyond joke that people actually blame Pena, Niko and Herrera for "not being good enough", when they have hardly had a chance to play - not least alongside one another. Shooting at sitting ducks is oh so simple .... and whether my opinion matters to you is sure nothing I lose sleep on.

All the players mentioned are still not good enough to get into this rubbish team apparently. If Niko has played so few minutes then why? If the Mexicans can’t get a game it’s their fault. The manager isn’t deliberately putting out a rubbish team. Less than a week ago these players were having a Xmas party in Newcastle. Jock Wallace would have had them on the dunes of gullane.

Some would say he is purposefully putting out a weak team, he just doesn't realise it cause he agreed with the nonsense miller and wallace pushed alomg with king. Big bad foreigner tried to tell them all to change! How dare he! They will show him bates etc are better than cardoso! Now he's lost 6 in 16 but pedros 8 in 27 gets the sack!

All this crap coming from the top about only ex players and Scottish people knowing what it takes. Embarrassing if not disgusting, xenophobic ramblings about only our own knowing the way.

Pena should have played today so should cardoso and Alves. Herrera should start through middle with morelos given the free to play off him.

4-1-2-1-2

Instead we worry about Kilmarnock playing wingers and teaching foreigners

what it takes to get embarrassed again ???