[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (John 39)

After a nights sleep it isn't any better. Our problems start from the top and work their way down.

Dave King - seems as if hes completely immune to criticism and unable to admit he got anything wrong.

Stewart Robertson - Out his depth and is stealing a wage. From what I hear he takes toil for HAVING to attend games. He'll get a wee day off midweek for that shambles yesterday unlike the thousands of bears he continues to short change. Killie were in freefall without a manager, they went out and got an ex EPL manager who instantly commands respect and signed a solid CMF for nothing who absolutely schooled our midfield yesterday and hes not even match fit yet.

Allen - why is he here? Seems he is trying to engineer an out given his quotes in the press. Would be no great loss but yet again embarrassing. The fact Mulumbu (and there will be others of that quality out there) wasn't even looked at for Rangers is criminal.

Douglas Park - Needs to get out of that boardroom. Still being a disruptive influence and he was the man who appointed Pedro. Pedro appointment was a stab in the dark risk that was never likely to pay off.

Murty - Or 'Murts' as the players call the now Rangers manager. That tells you everything you need to know. I feel for the guy but the Rangers managers job at one of the most important times in our history isn't a place to learn your trade. The players look unfit, scared and uninterested. Its his job to change that. I don't see him being manager at the end of January.

Injuries - over the other side of the city, I hear they have guys out injured busting a gut to get back in the team. Playing with injuries. There was a season where wee Barry took injections 7 or 8 times before games just so he could play. It seems all to easy for our players on the injury table. An easy life. Why do we have so many injuries? Is this a training issue? We are paying Alves a small fortune and he has been injured about 4 times now. I don't see any of them bursting a gut to get back and help out.

The guys who are actually playing look completely out of any sort of heart and commitment. There's quality there in some of them but they seem uninterested. No shouting and bawling when we lose a goal. McCoist was right yesterday when he said we were soft because we are. Tav can turn a 50/50 into 30/70 because he's scared of getting hurt. Same goes for Windass. All this Soccer Am stuff with the two of them, scrap that until they are performing on the park week in week out. It all comes down to attitude and far too many of our players have the wrong attitude. Its a tough test for the young boys and we need to watch we aren't too hard on them but the more senior pros need to help them out. You'd think making Danny Wilson captain would focus him but he's unable to concentrate a full 90 mins. I fear for us on the 30th and I cant wait for that game to be over and for us to have a few weeks to try sort some of the mess we are in. The January transfer window is massive for us though im not expecting that much.

Top to bottom they are all taking for granted our great support who sell out ibrox and travel in our thousands to away games. Once that goes we'll really be in big trouble.

Merry xmas

That’s a fantastic post TBH! I won’t elaborate any further than to say I agree with everything your have written. Have a good Xmas yourself! If you ever needed an excuse to find solace in a bottle, then this is it (pity I’m back on the wagon again lol).

What's Allen done wrong? He's here to implement a whole new scouting and analysis infrastructure, which he's doing. The manager situation I could perhaps blame him for, in part, but it's not solely down to him.

(Mulumbu's an average player that is strong and can tackle, nothing more; it's not hard to out-muscle Holt! The only reason they signed him was because Clarke has worked with him before. We criticised the last manager to bring in players he had a personal connection to (MW), and we've moved on so we don't need to really on the personal contacts of a manager with the DoF appointment.)

We're just looking to criticise anyone.

Edited by Rousseau

What's Allen done wrong? He's here to implement a whole new scouting and analysis infrastructure, which he's doing. The manager situation I could perhaps blame him for, in part, but it's to solely down to him.

I’m promising myself I’m not going to worry about it till Boxing Day. Going to write the Motherwell preview later then forget about it until Tuesday. We could all do with enjoying Xmas mate.

What's Allen done wrong? He's here to implement a whole new scouting and analysis infrastructure, which he's doing. The manager situation I could perhaps blame him for, in part, but it's to solely down to him.

Yes, in my opinion the director of football should be judged on the quality of signings that we make over a period of ~2 years.

He will be a success if signings like Barton, Kranjčar, Peña and Herrera end.

There are surely other factors too but I think this is the important one.

I felt we were VERY reactive yesterday....even when we had the ball, we were never in control - simply responding to whatever Killie did. As a result we were unable to build any momentum etc.

I think this is something that goes deeper than just the manager. It points to flaws throughout the entire process personnel, training, nutrition, team building, recruitment, match preparation etc. The same issues have been there from McCoist, McCall, Caixhina an now Murty.

What's Allen done wrong? He's here to implement a whole new scouting and analysis infrastructure, which he's doing. The manager situation I could perhaps blame him for, in part, but it's not solely down to him.

(Mulumbu's an average player that is strong and can tackle, nothing more; it's not hard to out-muscle Holt! The only reason they signed him was because Clarke has worked with him before. We criticised the last manager to bring in players he had a personal connection to (MW), and we've moved on so we don't need to really on the personal contacts of a manager with the DoF appointment.)

how about employing a guy to run the scouting team who isn't a scout nor ever scouted players?

he now identifies players for our under 8's all the way to fist team!

guy has for last five years done analysis on wanted attributes. Never picked a player in his life.

the scouting network is a shame, i dont believe it actually exists and works as a real scouting department would.

Its just a guy sitting with excel using analytics to identify potential wanted attributes who then passes that to brown who phones round and sees if any agents have players available who they reckon fit, brown then watches them once or twice . That's it.

just the same players the agents would have put forward in the first place, and also the same agents we have always used.

Edited by trublusince1982

I felt we were VERY reactive yesterday....even when we had the ball, we were never in control - simply responding to whatever Killie did. As a result we were unable to build any momentum etc.

I think this is something that goes deeper than just the manager. It points to flaws throughout the entire process personnel, training, nutrition, team building, recruitment, match preparation etc. The same issues have been there from McCoist, McCall, Caixhina an now Murty.

That is the main point, which probably also cost us in Dundee. Trying to be better on a level where both sides have far more experience in. The idea alone beggars belief, since our midfield with John, WIndass, and Holt were totally out-muscled and physically inferior. We had no-one in controll of the ball in midfield, tried the long ball against taller players and with Wilson and Bates spraying the passes - who are both renowned for their ability in that. We were sure down in personal, but had enough on the bench to change the flow of the game, not least after going one up. But we reacted on the park and football-wise it descended into a mess. People will sure say that Murty has to learn that, but he's been here for months now and saw a few similar games ... so how long does it take to get your subs on?

And it does raise a dry grin when you have people saying Herrera, Kranjcar or Pena aren't good enough ... "since the managers don't pick them", which is probably the only time they actually agree with the various managers. I do hope that over in Florida we finally start using a 3-5-2 with Pena and Kranjcar plus Morelos and Herrera, so we see how they can actually click.

how about employing a guy to run the scouting team who isn't a scout nor ever scouted players?

guy has for last five years done analysis on wanted attributes. Never picked a player in his life.

the scouting network is a shame, i dont believe it actually exists and works as a real scouting department would.

Its just a guy sitting with excel using analytics to identify potential wanted attributes who then passes that to brown who phones round and sees if any agents have players available who they reckon fit, brown then watches them once or twice . That's it.

just the same players the agents would have put forward in the first place, and also the same agents we have always used.

It seems you get some inside info that hardly anyone can verify. Just do not expect that everyone takes it all up for granted.

You made a bold statement about our scouting system and the expertise of the individuals involved which I can only assume is because you have worked with the said individuals and have inside knowledge of their attributes, strengths and weaknesses; is this correct?

You made a bold statement about our scouting system and the expertise of the individuals involved which I can only assume is because you have worked with the said individuals and have inside knowledge of their attributes, strengths and weaknesses; is this correct?