PA Sport understands Rangers chairman Dave King has notified Court of Session of his intention to seek leave to appeal following ruling ordering him to make an £11milion share offer after a complaint by the Takeover Panel

Can he appeal this decision ? Didn't think he could

Any buisinesman worth his salt should be fully aware of the stock markets rules and regulations let's hope the club are not paying his legal fees .

I would imagine many of the penny shares may cash in but supporters or people who paid 70 pence are unlikely to sell for 20 pence.

Was away when this somewhat predictable news broke.

From a distance it appears to me that Dave King is too often for doing things his way, without due consideration as to reality and eventual probable consequences....It's strange given the guy is or has been switched on and clever enough to do exceptionally well in business.

As for this not affecting Rangers, unless there is new money from existing or new sources then I don't see how it doesn't. Not to mention the make-up of the board and a probable new chairman.

The annoucement of Murty until the end of the season can be viewed as a defectionary tactic but may be more a natural holding move that gives more scope for a fresh approach once things pan out, not to mention the financial saving on wages and a probable approach to the transfer window.

IF we can find money to plug holes, I think we'd be much better off with King away from the boardroom table.

Just about everything about King is unconventional. Like it or not we all need to get used to that. He'll do everything he can to avoid playing by whatever business rules are out there. Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes not.

His problem, and that of the current board, is that they've made too many mistakes & bad decisions since they took over nearly three years ago.The fact we're now looking for our third manager in that time tells its own story.

But the board cannot be accused of not providing funding to improve the playing squad even if it hasn't always been well spent. Pedro wasted the best part of £8m last summer & Warburton was allowed to squander too much the summer before on players who couldn't get near the starting XI.

Ultimately though the buck stops with the board & that includes Dave King. We can only hope things improve in the year ahead. With a DoF now involved in transfers I believe it will.