Mark Allen on his role ar Rangers

I see the manks revenue figures have just been released. It's frightening when you see what they're spendingcompared to what they are earning only to have such a poor return on the investment. All that money to win the SPFL ?

A failure to qualify for a later stage of any euro cup will see them in bother. £90.6 million coming in this year yet showing only £24 million profit in 5 years and that despite selling anybody of any worth ?

Their board and management must have some bonus set up at play.

I see the manks revenue figures have just been released. It's frightening when you see what they're spendingcompared to what they are earning only to have such a poor return on the investment. All that money to win the SPFL ?

A failure to qualify for a later stage of any euro cup will see them in bother. £90.6 million coming in this year yet showing only £24 million profit in 5 years and that despite selling anybody of any worth ?

Their board and management must have some bonus set up at play.

I wish our finances were as shit as theirs.

The manager doesn't deal with the board...he deals with the DoF. Between them, they decide on new signing etc. The DoF then puts it to the board & takes care of the admin & negotiations. Freeing up the manager to look after tactics & training etc.

The DoF is the conduit between the manager and the boardroom - between trackies & suits (if you will)

Thanks Darther that makes sense. I was puzzled by MA saying manager had final say but clearly he doesn’t actually.

Jock Wallace got them fitter than all other teams. Our fitness has been questionable since that sport science crap begun. It should not be that they are told to rest, they should be so knackered they only want to rest.

Pete i agree especially when i see the photos of the team running up and down Gullane sand dunes under Jock . Now that team was fit and winning.

Thanks Darther that makes sense. I was puzzled by MA saying manager had final say but clearly he doesn’t actually.

I think the manager will have the ultimate say in who he WANTS to sign. That will be reported back to the DoF who will present the board with a 1,2,3-type list of targets. It then comes down to the Board & DoF to negotiation who they can get.

I wish our finances were as shit as theirs.

I remember the year when we played them 7 times, the Diouf season methinks, and their total profit was 180k. They have been living of Soton throwing silly money after their players for quite a few years, then the odd half decent CL run. But they have a large squad on high wages, the Co-op Bank loan being claimed next season etc.. One may look in envy on those transfer figures or even sell-on clause dosh, yet, they are hardly in good health. I reckon their finance gurus breathed a major sigh of relief when Klopp made Liverpool pay 75m for van Dijk, so a lovely 7.5m cheque arrive at their doorstep. That was x-mas coming early.

Edited by der Berliner

I remember the year when we played them 7 times, the Diouf season methinks, and their total profit was 180k. They have been living of Soton throwing silly money after their players for quite a few years, then the odd half decent CL run. But they have a large squad on high wages, the Co-op Bank loan being claimed next season etc.. One may look in envy on those transfer figures or even sell-on clause dosh, yet, they are hardly in good health. I reckon their finance gurus breathed a major sigh of relief when Klopp made Liverpool pay 75m for van Dijk, so a lovely 7.5m cheque arrive at their doorstep. That was x-mas coming early.

As posted DB, one feck up and thrown out of europe would see them in bother.

Others it would seem will rather concentrate on the results of the rape and pillage carried out at Ibrox by various conmen and criminals as the yardstick.

Who'd bet on the mank ****s bonuses paying off the Co-op next year ?

When you've 3 separate companies running a club and the one registered to play football here having NO assets it wouldn't be hard to deal through, oh maybe a Gibraltar bank ?