Mark Allen on his role ar Rangers

Im afraid your a dinosaur on this one pete. Thats not to say our fitness cant be better.

I though it was good under warburton and pedro though.

It was good under Warburton but under Pedro they were burnt out at half-time and the feeling that was the problem with the players they thought the training was not good enough.

I am not really a dinosaur I just feel a good hard fitness coach is better than a list of charts.

It was good under Warburton but under Pedro they were burnt out at half-time and the feeling that was the problem with the players they thought the training was not good enough.

I am not really a dinosaur I just feel a good hard fitness coach is better than a list of charts.

Charts don't implement the fitness regime, charts just help those who do make better decisions by providing more information and data... auld yin. :D

giphy.gif

Im fairly sure i looked at this accusation and a hugely disproportionate amount of our goals were scored late under pedro.

Iirc

Im fairly sure i looked at this accusation and a hugely disproportionate amount of our goals were scored late under pedro.

Iirc

MOH said his training was crap and far too soft. Miller suggested the same and Kranjcar called him a fraud. Maybe not definite evidence but given that our opponents were very often stronger in the second half then I would say there is no smoke without fire and I know I posted after some games that we didn't look fit.

Charts don't implement the fitness regime, charts just help those who do make better decisions by providing more information and data... auld yin. :D

giphy.gif

I think our experts have the charts upside down when plotting out the training sessions.

MOH said his training was crap and far too soft. Miller suggested the same and Kranjcar called him a fraud. Maybe not definite evidence but given that our opponents were very often stronger in the second half then I would say there is no smoke without fire and I know I posted after some games that we didn't look fit.
Maybe. Or maybe they were shite players who are still struggling now hes gone and are on the cover up.

Maybe. Or maybe they were shite players who are still struggling now hes gone and are on the cover up.

I would agree with that. In fact McCrorie and Morelos are the only 2 players I would say can take us to the next level. The rest need replaced for better. That is why I said 3.5 years for John was far too long. I would have kept him on loan this season to see how he develops.

I would agree with that. In fact McCrorie and Morelos are the only 2 players I would say can take us to the next level. The rest need replaced for better. That is why I said 3.5 years for John was far too long. I would have kept him on loan this season to see how he develops.

So where is the funding going to come from to get all these players to take us to the next level?

Thank f*** you're not in charge. I would bloody well expect McInnes to be on any list, simply because he's one of the better performing managers in the league -- I am disappointed the board picked him, though. I doubt Murty was on any list.

I don't think Brown is expected to use analytics; he's a scout, the eyes on the ground. To be honest, I was sceptical about his appointment, but many have suggested he does have a good eye for players. And, Scoulding’s background is in analysis, which I would demand in a Head of Scouting. We need a combination of that analysis with eyes on the ground.

I think you're just looking for something to moan about; something that isn't there... IMO, of course. :D

If the scout can't follow the analytics how can he compare the player against the wants? We have two totally contrasting styles in play. I do agree brown was decent at what he does, but we aren't using that style anymore or well we are saying we don't.

You dont take an old school scout and then put in charge a guy whos previous job was to put numerical numbers against game play .

He didn't do player analysis or has any education or experience in player analytics.

So you think the man in charge of scouting should have zero experience in scouting?

So the head of scouting department knows less about scouting and has less of a reputation than those below him and you think that's a good idea?

Not sure how to reply to the fact you want a manager you don't rate, on the shortlist of potential targets. Not be better to have the shortlist full of managers who are actually of the desired calibre? Murty must have been on the list he got the job and Allan is quoted toy as saying they missed first choice but got the next in murty. Unless you think they completely ignored his list, but today it sounds like the opposite and Murty was on the shortlist put forward.

Tbh I don't think you know anything about analytics or the complexity of the math behind it. It's not a case of putting a b and c together, the nuances are pivotal in correct determination and they come from the human part of identification process. It's extremely difficult and is an art. The man in charge has no history of doing it and he has scouts with zero history of working this way.

Your using the term analysis very loosely, he has zero history of this type of analytics as he pretty much admits on RTV himself. His roles previously was determining how important crosses from deep for example had been. Far easier when the data is factual and given. When it's flipped and your trying to create the data set, its way more of an art which you need to have history or skill at picking players to do. It can't be taught in my opinion .

Have you seen his interview or had the oppertunity to met him at any of the functions etc? When you do come back and tell me what level of math he attained and I will happily give twenty quid to a charity of your choice if it's above level 8.

It's a complete sham, all the players will come the same way they always have, through contacts or Allans old clubs.