Jimmy Nicholl new number 2

I don't think the plan is really to give Murty to the end of the season. I think they are hoping that he is our permanent manager. Only if he is a total disaster will he not be manager next season.

Taking all that time to decide to go for McInnes suggests that our board has no clue who else to go for or afford and Murty could be a good cheap choice.

Edited by les186

Taking all that time to decide to go for McInnes suggests that our board has no clue who else to go for or afford and Murty could be a good cheap choice.

If he is doing well, getting results and the team are playing for him, and each other, then why not? Seems perfectly logical, only time will tell though?

Jimmy Nicholl actually has a great record as a number 2 at Aberdeen & NI, which is why he has got the job. Nothing to do with how many verses of the sash he knows. Older posters might recall he had a decent record as number 1 at Raith Rovers as well..

No doubt that JN will get paid more with Rangers than with Falkirk also he prefers the club. But he could be here for only 5 months, any new manager will bring in his own assistant.

To be fair he could get sacked at Falkirk before the season ends the way they're playing. Jimmy Nicholl won't get too many more opportunities to work at Rangers, no way would he turn that down. He's in his early 60s, still plenty of miles left in the clock.

• 3 weeks later...

I think O'Neil is contracted to 2020 and has been offered a 4 year extension taking him to 2024 and at an increased wage. So it would cost a fair bit of compensation to get the former Brechin City and Shamrock Rovers manager.

35 minutes ago, les186 said:

I think O'Neil is contracted to 2020 and has been offered a 4 year extension taking him to 2024 and at an increased wage. So it would cost a fair bit of compensation to get the former Brechin City and Shamrock Rovers manager.

Was going to cost the sfa 500k