Florida Cup (and training camp) thread

2 hours ago, craig said:

Rich coming from you dB.  You dig in with your opinion all the time - which is your prerogative - but to have a go at others for the same is rich.

Well, my opinion is right, of course! B|

Perhaps you do note that I do challenges like the above only when it is rather obvious that the initial statement stands on rather thin ice. While I can't tell what sort of players people have seen before (well, I know most on here long enough to note that the have seen "worse" than Dalcio), I do assume that someone picked by Benfica (B) and has Portugal u18 and u20 caps, someone who plays for Rangers FC, won't rank amongst "the worst" footballers they have seen.

It could well have been his worst performance in a Rangers jersey, of course.

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Well, my opinion is right, of course! B|

Perhaps you do note that I do challenges like the above only when it is rather obvious that the initial statement stands on rather thin ice. While I can't tell what sort of players people have seen before (well, I know most on here long enough to note that the have seen "worse" than Dalcio), I do assume that someone picked by Benfica (B) and has Portugal u18 and u20 caps, someone who plays for Rangers FC, won't rank amongst "the worst" footballers they have seen.

It could well have been his worst performance in a Rangers jersey, of course.

Dalcio is dross, no matter how anyone tries to dress it up.  Last night he barely looked like a footballer - to be fair to the lad, as I originally said, he is no full back.  But he was awful last night.  He has only had fleeting appearances admittedly... but he is finding himself in the Company of Capucho, Ostenstad, Jeffers etc.... rather than Baxter, Greig, Cooper, Gascoigne & Laudrup.... that tells its own story :ninja:

If he has played any worse than that in ANY jersey.... then he should find a new career :D

No point in debating your opinion craig, I know. Wonder what you would say if you'd see him in training each day. Either Murty sees more in him than you, or, as I noted in the other thread, we want him in the "shop window" (despite him being on-loan).

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

No point in debating your opinion craig, I know. Wonder what you would say if you'd see him in training each day. Either Murty sees more in him than you, or, as I noted in the other thread, we want him in the "shop window" (despite him being on-loan).

Not at all dB.  You can debate my opinion, no problem.  Dalcio, last night, was terrible though.  He almost cost us a goal twice.  As I said though, he isn't a full back so it is being slightly unfair on him.

I personally don't think Murty sees anything in him.  How many times has he been involved for Murty competitively ?  Zero.  He got a game last night in a friendly where it doesn't matter.  In a position that is foreign to him.  Looked more to me like Murty trying to find somewhere the lad could be back-up - and it failed.

If it was to put him in the shop window that failed too.

I have nothing against him, he just looks a poor footballer..... in fact.... I would go as far as saying he is worse than your old friend Kyle Hutton :ninja:

I wonder if the Florida trip was almost a last throw of the dice for Dalcio - a last chance to prove that he's got something to offer.

Wouldn't surprise me if his loan is cancelled once the team return.  From what I saw of last nights game, he was useless.

I wonder if the Florida trip was almost a last throw of the dice for Dalcio - a last chance to prove that he's got something to offer.
Wouldn't surprise me if his loan is cancelled once the team return.  From what I saw of last nights game, he was useless.
Let's hope he threw a 1.

While watching last night (I know I said I wouldnt but got home from poker just as it was starting on youtube and got sucked in!) and I was thinking this must be the worst team of Brazilian footballers I have ever seen. The comments above that this was a development team at least gives some excuse for that. We should take no positives out of simply beating a youth team with the whole game pretty much at snails pace with hardly a tackle going in throughout. I would take positives that it got 45 mins into the legs of the newbies, who looked fine, and a decent shift I thought from Atekayi. The second half I was falling asleep but I seen the goal. I think I'm right in saying we made 10 subs at half time? Makes a mockery of the whole tournament thing, but is good for squad harmony that everyone gets half a game, and I would guess will do so again in the final game.

No injuries was the main victory for us.

8 minutes ago, pete said:

The commentator kept saying it was Foderingham that came on in goal. I kept shouting at him that it was Kelly but just like the wife everyone he never listened to me. 

Fixed that for you pete :thup: