Club 1872 - Safe Standing

Safe Standing

Following positive discussions between the Union Bears and Club 1872 last year we are now moving on to the next phase of our safe standing initiative.

Please submit your details below if you are interested in being located in a safe standing section.

Your Rangers Number will be used to verify your details with Rangers and produce an accurate list so please ensure you enter it correctly. You can submit up to 5 Rangers numbers per email address (click “add another” up to 4 times) for friends or family registered under your email.

http://club1872.co.uk/safe-standing/

2 minutes ago, plgsarmy said:

I honestly don’t know why this is being done by Club 1872 and the Union Bears. This should be coming from the Club and all ST holders consulted IMHO.

Possibly because the club have been non-committal and they feel its a way to get a groundswell of support behind and force the club's hand?

5 minutes ago, plgsarmy said:

I honestly don’t know why this is being done by Club 1872 and the Union Bears. This should be coming from the Club and all ST holders consulted IMHO.

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It shouldn't be getting done at all. A complete waste of money. When there is so much to do at our club, including the stadium, this is a total red herring that should be so far down the list as to never see the light of day.

Totally agree. There are more urgent things requiring done e.g. access and amenities for our disabled supporters. If the UB wish this they can pay for it if club are not. I only pay the minimum to Club1872 each month because I prefer to own my own shares but the little I contribute should go on buying more shares and advancing our clout in the boardroom.

45 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It shouldn't be getting done at all. A complete waste of money. When there is so much to do at our club, including the stadium, this is a total red herring that should be so far down the list as to never see the light of day.

The atmosphere needs all the help it can get.

Just to be clear for all members who pay into Club1872.

Club 1872 and Union Bears Launch Safe Standing Survey

12 January, 2018

Following very positive discussions between the Union Bears and Club 1872 last year, the groups are now moving on to the next phase of our safe standing initiative. This stage will involve collecting the details of those interested in being located in a safe standing section at Ibrox.

Gauging the demand from supporters for safe standing is an important process as it will allow the groups to enter into meaningful dialogue with Rangers over the location, size and cost of such a section.

We would urge any supporters who are interested in taking up a season ticket in such a section, to enter their details via the form here.

This will be a crucial step in securing a safe standing section within our stadium. The information we gather will be passed to Rangers and verified against their database.

It is essential that supporters enter their Rangers number accurately to ensure their entry is counted.

The survey will remain open until 12th February 2018.

It should be noted by Club 1872 members that if it is established that there is sufficient demand for a safe standing section, any project funding undertaken by Club 1872 in this area will still be subject to a separate member vote.

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The atmosphere needs all the help it can get.

This wont help it at all. The ones already making the noise (while standing all game) in BF1 are the same ones who will be making the noise in this new standing section. I dont see how BF1 being turned into safe standing (for example) makes them sing any louder or get the boring old farts (like myself) who sit elsewhere in the ground in virtual silence to all of a sudden start singing. 

If Club 1872 are even the slightest bit inclined to part with actual cash to help pay for this nonsense it will be a massive disappointment. Even going so far as to put this to a member vote will show a degree of incompetence I would have thought they were much better than.

The atmosphere is affected directly by the quality of the football on the park, the opponent, and the number of young supporters we have in attendance. By all means do something to encourage more teenagers to come along, which revolves around football on show, transport, and ticket price/availability, not safe standing.