Club 1872 - Safe Standing

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

£500k by Club1872?  

No, I read somewhere that Celtc spent £500K on theirs. No idea what our costs would be, but it does look like the Club1872 board are looking to finance it. Assuming of course members vote for it.

9 hours ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I'll vote for it, but would have preferred C1872 helped with the disable facilities first though.

That's the thing about the way that C1872 poll the members. They won't be given that as a choice. It will just be a yes or no option on safe standing, with most people not realising that there's a choice of spending it elsewhere or increasing the shareholding, as Bearger highlights above.

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

That's the thing about the way that C1872 poll the members. They won't be given that as a choice. It will just be a yes or no option on safe standing, with most people not realising that there's a choice of spending it elsewhere or increasing the shareholding, as Bearger highlights above.

Suppose the silver lining for C1872 could be, that they get another couple of hundred UB members signing up. :whistle:

4 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Suppose the silver lining for C1872 could be, that they get another couple of hundred UB members signing up. :whistle:

They could lose more though as a lot of people seem to be a bit annoyed their money will be going to something the club should be paying.

14 hours ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I'll vote for it, but would have preferred C1872 helped with the disable facilities first though.

I wont be voting for it, on exactly those grounds.  C1872 should be looking at more than just safe standing and offering alternatives for any excess funds that may be available.

Shouldn't be a simple "vote yes/no for safe standing" - should be a vote for :

1.  Safe standing

2.  Improving disabled facilities

3.  Retaining excess cash for share issues

Point being - it shouldn't be a "take it or leave it" vote.  There is more than one thing that could be improved at the Club and I don't believe C1872 should offer up a vote with only 1 suggestion.  IMHO of course.

4 hours ago, craig said:

I wont be voting for it, on exactly those grounds.  C1872 should be looking at more than just safe standing and offering alternatives for any excess funds that may be available.

Shouldn't be a simple "vote yes/no for safe standing" - should be a vote for :

1.  Safe standing

2.  Improving disabled facilities

3.  Retaining excess cash for share issues

Point being - it shouldn't be a "take it or leave it" vote.  There is more than one thing that could be improved at the Club and I don't believe C1872 should offer up a vote with only 1 suggestion.  IMHO of course.

That would be a better vote, my monthly direct debit is split between special projects and  shares, So the vote should be for one or the other projects you mention, which i that case i would vote for Disabled Facilities improvements.

4 hours ago, pete said:

They could lose more though as a lot of people seem to be a bit annoyed their money will be going to something the club should be paying.

Not me though, i understand C1872 has a Special Project facility, i contribute to it through my direct debit, so i have no quarrel with them using that part of my money going towards Safe Standing. however i agree with Craig, there should be two or several options, as to what you want that part of your contribution used towards.

Edited by aweebluesoandso
remove a word