Club 1872 - Safe Standing

4 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

This wont help it at all. The ones already making the noise (while standing all game) in BF1 are the same ones who will be making the noise in this new standing section. I dont see how BF1 being turned into safe standing (for example) makes them sing any louder or get the boring old farts (like myself) who sit elsewhere in the ground in virtual silence to all of a sudden start singing. 

If Club 1872 are even the slightest bit inclined to part with actual cash to help pay for this nonsense it will be a massive disappointment. Even going so far as to put this to a member vote will show a degree of incompetence I would have thought they were much better than.

The atmosphere is affected directly by the quality of the football on the park, the opponent, and the number of young supporters we have in attendance. By all means do something to encourage more teenagers to come along, which revolves around football on show, transport, and ticket price/availability, not safe standing.

Club 1872 have an obligation to the fans.  The UB are a cross-section of the fans.  Therefore I see no reason why Club 1872 shouldn't be putting this to a member vote.  They aren't there just to look after the old farts like you and I.

Parting with their cash for this is a different matter.  I doubt that C1872 have constitutional grounds for spending monies on this initiative.

My biggest beef with BF1 & the UB's is how they have sped every single song up to the point that you may as well not sing it at all.  Every single song is on speed.  Get back to traditions, including proper tempo :mad:

The last i heard UB had around 50 paid up members. The rest of the section are made up from kids who buy their tickets in a nearby area and just stand with them. Thats hardly a cross-section. My RSC has more members than that and I wouldnt expect Club1872 to put to a full member vote something we put to them, especially if we wanted to blow a huge chunk of cash on something that has no positive effect for the club.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It shouldn't be getting done at all. A complete waste of money. When there is so much to do at our club, including the stadium, this is a total red herring that should be so far down the list as to never see the light of day.

Couldn’t agree more. 

Understand that there is a "groundswell" in football for this and wonder where they would be accommodated at Ibrox.

I for one would be totally against being relocated from my seat,as would those around me probably would also.

I find it strange that C1872 have decided to get involved in this without checking with the members that they should do it. It seems that the members are only consulted when it suits the board. they should be doing this prior to getting involved.

Am I correct in saying it's not a survey as such and we can't vote yes or no, and it's only a data collection exercise?