Club 1872 - Safe Standing

Having said that, when we play at the Piggery their safe standing section looks like it has more there than if it was seating.  Maybe it's an optical illusion or maybe they're up to their old tax dodging tricks.  

17 hours ago, BEARGER said:

The survey only asks that those in favour of moving to such a section give their details. Other members get no say, even although it’s our money that may be used for this idea. Read elsewhere that the UB have only 50 members, why is Club1872 even talking about this? How many disabled fans do we have ?

What I don’t understand is that we were told at the AGM that there would be a full consultation exercise before any plans were made to implement this. Is this survey in addition to that?

7 minutes ago, plgsarmy said:

What I don’t understand is that we were told at the AGM that there would be a full consultation exercise before any plans were made to implement this. Is this survey in addition to that?

No idea. If you read the full Club1872 statement it looks very much like a done deal between Club1872 and UB, first and last paragraphs are the killers for me. My position has always been that money raised should go to increasing our shareholding in the club although I know the constitution allows for other expenditure. 

Looking at CLUB1872 board report from September and it states this “ We have to be mindful, for example, of the needs of disabled supporters and those who have held season tickets for many years in areas of the stadium where safe standing might be installed.”

Where would our disabled fans be moved to?

Edited by BEARGER

43 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

As no one knows where a safe standing section would be, no one knows if disabled fans will be affected.

Aye. But don’t you find it a bit suspicious that disabled supporters are specifically mentioned?