Gers Confirm Cummings Signing

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

... if only you had clicked that link.

If its transfer market then no thanks.

Regardless, if his position is NOT as a winger then the club should never have brought him in - because he isn't good enough to play central midfield either.  That said, he isn't good enough to play as a winger for Rangers either.  A wasted wage.  No matter what you or transfer market tells us.  IMHO of course :thup:

56 minutes ago, craig said:

If its transfer market then no thanks.

Regardless, if his position is NOT as a winger then the club should never have brought him in - because he isn't good enough to play central midfield either.  That said, he isn't good enough to play as a winger for Rangers either.  A wasted wage.  No matter what you or transfer market tells us.  IMHO of course :thup:

The performance data page - rather pretty much up to date with facts (as in: FACTS) - I set a link to would have told you that he played the majority of his games as a winger, that is 32 out of 45. And thus it contradicted the main info page saying that he's a central/attacking midfielder.

As for the rest, see post #67.

Alan Stubbs was surprised Jason Cummings decided to join Rangers rather than stay and fight for his place at Nottingham Forest. The former Hibs striker has agreed a loan deal at Ibrox until the end of the season barely six months after quitting Easter Road for the English Championship outfit.

Signed by former Rangers boss Mark Warburton, the 22-year-old struggled to hold down a first-team place at Forest, making just ten starts and scoring only four goals.
Warburton was sacked at the end of December to be replaced by Aitor Karanka but, it seems, Cummings wasn’t willing to hang around to prove himself to the former Middlesbrough coach.
“Am I surprised Rangers have gone in for him?” asked Stubbs. “No, because I know Jason’s representatives are very fond of Rangers, let’s put it that way. “I can see why it’s happened but I am probably surprised that Jason hasn’t stuck it out more down in England because that seemed to be a big motivation for him going there in the first place.
I know he needs to play games, but especially with the new manager coming in, why not stay around and try to impress him? “Ask any player, if they are doing well, they will ultimately want to be down in England for one of the big teams.”
Having said that, Stubbs insisted returning to Scotland so quickly wasn’t proof of a lack of ambition on the part of Cummings, who was top scorer for Hibs three seasons in a row. He said: “Jason is am ambitious guy. He’s not left the Championship to go to any club. Rangers are still a massive club. I must admit, I’ve been quite impressed with the signings they have made up till now. I just hope he does well. “Playing in front of 50,000 at Ibrox won’t faze him. It’s whether he can produce his form and goalscoring attributes the way he did at Hibs.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....d-by-jason-cummings-move-to-rangers-1-4664408

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Who are his "representatives" then? 

I think it was Bluedell who regaled a story on here the other week that his agent was in (or near) the director's box at Ibrox and when Cummings scored his agent jumped up to celebrate.... and when someone asked him why he was celebrating whilst being in the Director's box he said "I'm a Rangers fan but I am Jason's agent and he's my boy" and also apparently said that he had offered Cummings to Ally but Ally had said no thanks.