Pacific Quay Musings?

PQ thread on action at PQ goes LIVE ?

- Support for Independent Investigation from various (most)

- Billy Dodds chucks in a mini grenade with character assanination of Big John (Dundee CEO) !!

- Dundee and SPFL have refused to come on programme. The 388K public face of the SPFL is still hiding.

- Big Dick (copyright 26th) is doing his best to shield the men who are scared to show face or lift a telephone.....I´ll call instead, I´ll dae it, gonnae, please  !!

- Michael Stewart (with Tom English and callers for Big Dick in support) go after Rangers because of the "whistleblower evidence" statement. IMO it WAS an OG on our part and left this avenue of attack open.

- Stewart in "looking for Blue Sky thinking" shock

- Cormack (sheep) says Aberdeen voted No, then quickly changes to Yes 

- Cormack defends Doncaster. Apparently you cannae just blame the 388K man.

- Cormack not happy with timescale given by SPFL to consider resolution but not aware of bullying (later part teed up by fellow sheepie in studio, ie. nice to finish on a positive)

- Doncaster called Cormack before vote cast to advise re score on the doors

- Cormack gets muddled and fuels more questions than he gives answers

- Cormack backs call for Independent Investigation (difficult not to after the confusing pish he came out with just before)

- English goes after Doncaster, Big Dick with passionate defence of the invisible man 

- Doncaster must really love Big Dick

- Falkirk chairman Gary Deans..."wasn´t really to do with the money"

- Deans is not happy with handling of the whole thing

- Deans not bothered about investigation but at same time says Independent aspect apeals (confused), something has to be looked at but now not the time

- Deans not happy with Cormack/Doncaster phonecallgate

- Deans rips pish out of Dundee/SPFL IT story with joke

Independent Investigation gathering support

Tom English smells a story starring The Invisible Man and Sheep

Big Dick has really uncovered himself today #alternative_transparency ?

Edited by buster.

Aberdeen Chairman, Dave Cormack has made a complete cnut of himself. Big Dick is desperately attempting to ameliorate.

Both Tom English and Brian McLauchlin have picked up on Cormack's given timeline, Aberdeen intend to vote No at 16.00hrs, receive phone call from Doncaster at 16.40hrs, telling them their vote is not needed as they have the necessary Premiership majority. Aberdeen decide to vote Yes 15 minutes later, with five minutes remaining. Dave Cormack attempts recovery by joining the call for an independent inquiry.

Tom English reveals, "I've been told by several folks that Murdo MacLennan does not speak". Shifty McGifty is the Chair of the SPFL? Further, the Chief Executive of the SPFL, Neil Doncaster only speaks to Peter at the allotted time ie one minute after five pm.

The only point in the ninety minute discussion that Big Dick has gone to submitted e-mails/texts, was when both Michael Stewart and Tom English castigated Rangers for not revealing evidence of bullying and intimidation. No public support to be aired for both Doncaster and McGifty come out and explain their rational?

14 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Aberdeen Chairman, Dave Cormack has made a complete cnut of himself. Big Dick is desperately attempting to ameliorate.

Both Tom English and Brian McLauchlin have picked up on Cormack's given timeline, Aberdeen intend to vote No at 16.00hrs, receive phone call from Doncaster at 16.40hrs, telling them their vote is not needed as they have the necessary Premiership majority. Aberdeen decide to vote Yes 15 minutes later, with five minutes remaining. Dave Cormack attempts recovery by joining the call for an independent inquiry.

Tom English reveals, "I've been told by several folks that Murdo MacLennan does not speak". Shifty McGifty is the Chair of the SPFL? Further, the Chief Executive of the SPFL, Neil Doncaster only speaks to Peter at the allotted time ie one minute after five pm.

The only point in the ninety minute discussion that Big Dick has gone to submitted e-mails/texts, was when both Michael Stewart and Tom English castigated Rangers for not revealing evidence of bullying and intimidation. No public support to be aired for both Doncaster and McGifty come out and explain their rational?

Maybe we were better not being represented ?

Lesson of today

Don´t send anyone to Saturday Sportsound this summer unless he actually knows his stuff and is media trained.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Maybe we were better not being represented ?

Lesson of today

Don´t send anyone to Saturday Sportsound this summer unless he actually knows his stuff and is media trained.

I suspect that will be Dave Cormack's last appearance LIVE on Sportsound?

I thought Gary Deans of Falkirk was bright, he picked up on Cormack's timeline and revelation of Doncaster's intervention, "on polling day, I don't get Nicola Sturgeon calling me within twenty minutes of the polls closing to tell me how the vote's going". He finished with, "we have laws against that". Aberdeen(and I suspect Hibs too) were contacted by the Chief Executive to tell them their votes were nod necessary. Aberdeen(and I suspect Hibs too) changed their vote within that 20 minute time period, to be seen to be voting with the winning side

We should applaud Dave Cormack for his contribution to Sporting Integrity. 

24 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I suspect that will be Dave Cormack's last appearance LIVE on Sportsound?

I thought Gary Deans of Falkirk was bright, he picked up on Cormack's timeline and revelation of Doncaster's intervention, "on polling day, I don't get Nicola Sturgeon calling me within twenty minutes of the polls closing to tell me how the vote's going". He finished with, "we have laws against that". Aberdeen(and I suspect Hibs too) were contacted by the Chief Executive to tell them their votes were nod necessary. Aberdeen(and I suspect Hibs too) changed their vote within that 20 minute time period, to be seen to be voting with the winning side

We should applaud Dave Cormack for his contribution to Sporting Integrity. 

All partisanship aside, wrt corporate goverence, this really stinks and like a dead thing on a public street, with every passing day the smell gets stronger.

The sound of SPFL silence might be broken with Doncaster currently shouting down a phone line !

That salary ain´t looking very safe.

Edited by buster.

A Tale of Two MPs.

The week began with a forty second video on social media. The location was a quiet cul-de-sac in Uddingston. An elderly denizen questions a much younger man about the necessity of flying an Irish tricolour from his window? The young man approaches his retreating elderly neighbour, gesticulating and insisting, "shut the fcuk up". On reaching the complainer's fence, and as the elder man is anxiously opening his door to get away, an offer is made to settle any dispute by fighting, "come ahead"? Clearly, you see younger man's wife/girlfriend run up behind him and plant her elbows on the fence. No intention to restrain or intervene, she was taking up the spot of prime viewing.

It's classy stuff, the younger man is Steven Bonnar MP and triumphalism is his game. When swearing his oath of allegiance at the Palace of Westminster, he tipped off the photographer to catch his crossed fingers and his lily motif cuff links. Steven is the epitome of a growing number of Scottish Nationalist representatives who prefer the symbolism of Irish republicanism to the Saltire. The Green Brigade encouraged the bold Bhoy to remain unrepentant and the national broadcaster has his back. It's only two months since Michael Stewart proclaimed, "I agree with the political sentiments of the Green Brigade".

Here is PQ's amelioration of the story :

MP apologises over Celtic flag argument.

An MP has apologised after an altercation with a neighbour over a Celtic flag. Coatbridge, Chryston, and Bellshill SNP MP, Steven Bonnar said, "I was drawn into an argument after my neighbour took exception to the flag". The flag was in the window of his Uddingston home. Footage of the row was caught on video and later uploaded to social media. Mr Bonnar said, "I regret being drawn into a dispute with a neighbour and reacting hastily to comments made".

Now, we could extrapolate on the MP concerned being a Rangers supporter hanging a Union flag and how PQ would have reacted? Off the Ball would have invited an artillery of ridicule before Sportsound led a bayonet charge. However, we don't need to speculate because another MP, Rangers supporter appeared live on Sportsound yesterday. Forty minutes into a discussion hosted by Big Dick, on the SPFL on line vote, Gregory Campbell MP explained his Early Day Motion. The contributors to the discussion were Tom English, Michael Stewart, Wullie Miller, and Pat Boner.

Big Dick explained the SPFL Chairman, SPFL Chief Executive, and a couple of SPFL Board members had been invited to participate, but all had declined. He did not explain Dave Cormack's absence either, well he didn't need to. English, Stewart, and Miller dismissed the Deloitte report and findings. Brian McLauchlin summarised another timeline, then English condemned the continuing farce and attempts to draw a line under it. Michael Stewart wanted it resolved for the good of Scottish football and then took the line from both last week's and this week's comments by Stuart Cosgrove, "what are the emotional issues" and, "the self interest is killing it".

Michael unified the studio by demanding, "what do Rangers want"? He declared, "Rangers are one of our bigger clubs" three or four times; however, we don't do things in a big club way. Any Rangers collated evidence must be presented now, condemned the pressure we put on both Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie, and we don't have a rational, "ah don't get it"? English jumped on the change of direction, he had spoken to clubs during the week, "you won't be surprised to hear, not to Rangers", and if Rangers do not present their evidence from the whistleblower, "they will deserve humiliation". Big Dick warmed to this line and Pat Boner agreed. Wullie Miller disagreed and Michael Stewart went on the attack again, this time claiming Rangers and self interest do not help Scottish football.

At this point, Big Dick introduced Gregory Campbell MP for Londonderry East. Big Dick asked several questions on the motivation for his early day motion. I thought Campbell played a straight bat, "I am a life long Rangers supporter and thought the shambles of the SPFL on line vote was deserving of further attention". He spoke uninterrupted for several minutes, in general terms. Big Dick explained his inclusion was because so many others had failed to appear. After Campbell commented upon further progress of the motion, his line was ended and Tom English commented, "why was that man allowed on the show"?

Michael Stewart feigned he knew nothing of the early day motion(in excess of 30,000 signatures) and asked for an explanation? Tom interjected, "don't bother, it's a rehash of Rangers seven points". I suspect a Producer intervened? Wullie Miller again took up criticism of the process. Michael claimed Campbell had dodged Big Dick's questions and Pat Boner said nothing. I am afraid you will have to believe my interpretation because BBC Scotland has wiped from their playback service Gregory Campbell MP's contribution entirely. Later, Michael Stewart took to social media to thank all contributors by name to the afternoon's discussion. All, apart from Campbell; apparently, the discussion was for the good of Scottish football. 

Every week, both DrStu' and Tam Cowan are screaming, "we want to hear from Rangers supporters". One comes on and Beeb Scotland wipe his contribution. 

6 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

After Campbell commented upon further progress of the motion, his line was ended and Tom English commented, "why was that man allowed on the show"?

Is that actually what happened?

Jesus f*cking wept...

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Michael Stewart feigned he knew nothing of the early day motion(in excess of 30,000 signatures)

The EDM has seven signatures.

There is a petition floating about which may well have 30,000 signatures but I fear neither EDM nor petition will have any effect.