Pacific Quay Musings?

On 10/08/2018 at 13:01, 26th of foot said:

BBC Scotland again decided to base themselves at Easter Road

They aren’t going to come to Ibrox until we un-ban McLaughlin. Which it’s time to do. Fed up of getting no coverage of our games. It’s doing far more damage now than his bias could do. 

Edited by DMAA

McLaughlin isn't banned.  He, and Spiers for that matter, are welcome to report from Ibrox without the privileges afford to members of the press who are fairer in their coverage of our club.

Aye, it's time to sort that out, while the status quo exists, BBCS are being allowed to fester exponentially, on a weekly basis, no marks like Dodds, Gordon and Guitar man need reined in, but whilst we are 'ignoring' them, no one is holding them to account.

I'd love to see a Rangers statement, allowing Gollum back in, but also highlighting the lack of equilibrium that BBCS have shown, with the pot lickers having banned journalists from BBCS before, with nothing said. It's really not hard, fuck knows what our PR guys actually do for a living....

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

McLaughlin isn't banned.  He, and Spiers for that matter, are welcome to report from Ibrox without the privileges afford to members of the press who are fairer in their coverage of our club.

Pardon my ignorance, what are the privileges? 

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Pardon my ignorance, what are the privileges? 

Attend the press conferences and use the facilities (e.g. wi-fi, telephone).

BBC are welcome to send other reporters along with McLaughlin who can access these but choose not to.

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Attend the press conferences and use the facilities (e.g. wi-fi, telephone).

BBC are welcome to send other reporters along with McLaughlin who can access these but choose not to.

Thanks for the clarification. Just my opinion but I think it’s time to end it and start getting coverage of our games again. It’s so damaging to the club and can’t go on until his retirement. 

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Thanks for the clarification. Just my opinion but I think it’s time to end it and start getting coverage of our games again. It’s so damaging to the club and can’t go on until his retirement. 

In general I'd agree but I can understand the club's stance.

We don't particularly need the BBC when we have several other outlets we can access.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

We don't particularly need the BBC when we have several other outlets we can access.

If you can't afford all the tv subscriptions though I don't think there are alternatives. I've relied on the radio for this reason quite a lot over the years but lately I have no options because they don't cover our games.

Edited by DMAA

We must not, absolutely must not, change our position with respect to the BBC. Any Rangers fan who thinks extending press privileges to Chris McLaughlin will result in a change of attitude by the BBC is sadly deluded. 

The withdrawal of privileges from this one individual was proportionate and whole justified. The response it triggered from the BBC was not and only served to confirm that the anti-Rangers sentiment at the BBC goes an awful lot deeper than grunts like Chris McLaughlin. The gloating that would follow a Rangers climbdown would only be exceeded by the vindication these morons would feel for continued vilification of our club.

Personally, I don't miss the BBC coverage, at all. It has in fact allowed me shelter from the BBC's projected hatred of Rangers. I don't listen to BBC Scotland radio and I never watch Sportscene. I subscribe to Rangers TV ... the club benefits from this and the coverage is far better. I can revisit games whenever I choose and get the Rangers view of things rather than having to endure BBC bigotry. I can see every Rangers game live on TV or enjoy highlights without the BBC. 

Who needs them? What on Earth would persuade any Rangers supporter to place value on a predictably unacceptable "normalisation" of relations with the BBC? If you think the BBC will put down the welcome mat to Rangers then you need to have some pride and think again.