Pacific Quay Musings?

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

If you can't afford all the tv subscriptions though I don't think there are alternatives. I've relied on the radio for this reason quite a lot over the years but lately I have no options because they don't cover our games.

I have a lot of sympathy for radio listeners especially but it's only home games you're losing out on and with social media etc, it's quite easy to follow games through that.  Not sure if Radio Clyde also cover the games?

If you are able to get online then you can also access RangersTV via a paid subscription using a VPN.

The club must stand firm. Especially now that others outside the Scottish cesspit are begging to take notice of our situation. Let them ask questions and highlight what’s been happening. Stevie G is already doing it now let others see what’s going on. 

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Any Rangers fan who thinks extending press privileges to Chris McLaughlin will result in a change of attitude by the BBC is sadly deluded. 

Haven't said that, only a change in coverage.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

The withdrawal of privileges from this one individual was proportionate and whole justified

The problem with the action is that it is in the category of press freedom and will always be met with the kind of response we've seen from the BBC. Trivia question, what is the one issue that has united Fox News and CNN in 2018? Trump's banning of a journalist from press conferences. Very similar situation really where there are complaints of ongoing unfair coverage and then a ban of 1 individual who was judged to have gone further than the rest. But for all journalists, press freedom is a fundamental right and they'll never back down on that.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who needs them?

I subscribe to Rangers TV too but amn't comfortable using VPN so I miss the BBC's radio coverage.

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

What on Earth would persuade any Rangers supporter to place value on a predictably unacceptable "normalisation" of relations with the BBC?

Not every BBC journalist is the same and I think coverage of the Maribor game would have been an advert for the club, as big European games always were in the past. Relations are strained just now but I don't think you would see the negativity we saw the other night if you looked back on their coverage of the road to Manchester. Celtic and even Hibs now are benefiting from this free advertising now.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

with social media etc, it's quite easy to follow games through that

This is fine but not nearly as convenient as listening to the radio and getting some stuff done at the same time. And obviously not the same experience either.

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not sure if Radio Clyde also cover the games?

Unfortunately I've seen no alternative radio coverage. I've used other clubs coverage in the past when free.

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

If you are able to get online then you can also access RangersTV via a paid subscription using a VPN.

I could do this as RTV is one subscription I do pay but I'm not totally comfortable using VPN.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

This is fine but not nearly as convenient as listening to the radio and getting some stuff done at the same time. And obviously not the same experience either.

Unfortunately I've seen no alternative radio coverage. I've used other clubs coverage in the past when free.

I could do this as RTV is one subscription I do pay but I'm not totally comfortable using VPN.

When you say not comfortable using VPN what do you mean exactly?

Everyone should use a VPN all the time for internet safety . 

Using a VPN is fine in this context.  Whilst RTV don't actively encourage it, they don't stop it either.

At the end of the day, just this weekend a St Mirren supporting BBC Sportsound producer on his offical Twitter account 'liked' a banner that described our club as dead and its city as sh!te.

Banter or not, that's unprofessional and explains the lack of respect for our club and why dialogue is tricky therein.

3 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Everyone should use a VPN all the time for internet safety . 

Absolutely right. Anyone NOT using VPN is failing to protect themselves as they should.

14 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The problem with the action is that it is in the category of press freedom and will always be met with the kind of response we've seen from the BBC. Trivia question, what is the one issue that has united Fox News and CNN in 2018? Trump's banning of a journalist from press conferences. Very similar situation really where there are complaints of ongoing unfair coverage and then a ban of 1 individual who was judged to have gone further than the rest. But for all journalists, press freedom is a fundamental right and they'll never back down on that.

Do you honestly think BBC discrimination against Rangers only started with us withdrawing privileges from Chris McLaughlin ... or that it would stop if we returned those privileges? If you do then I truly feel sorry for your blindness.

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Using a VPN is fine in this context.  Whilst RTV don't actively encourage it, they don't stop it either.

At the end of the day, just this weekend a St Mirren supporting BBC Sportsound producer on his offical Twitter account 'liked' a banner that described our club as dead and its city as sh!te.

Banter or not, that's unprofessional and explains the lack of respect for our club and why dialogue is tricky therein.

It's not illegal to use a VPN to watch sport or Netflix. It is against the user's agreement but that is not a crime and could only result in your access to the product being denied.

It is illegal to use a VPN to watch pirated material.

It is illegal to use a VPN for material gains IE a pub etc 

Circumventing the licencing laws in the UK in reference to the football is only illegal for the person streaming (hosting)not watching.

8 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Absolutely right. Anyone NOT using VPN is failing to protect themselves as they should.

I haven't researched it but my understanding is that using VPN to access services not available in the UK would be a form of piracy because you're breaching the rights that companies like BT and Sky have paid for.

Edited by DMAA