[FT] Partick Thistle 0 - 2 Rangers (Windass 39; Tavernier 59)

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

Didn’t say he wasn’t at liberty to do that. I said that he knew the consequences when he did. He scored one goal and then tells his own fans to shut up? Crack on Josh but don’t complain when you get slaughtered for your next bad pass or game.

And the reverse can be applied too.

When the fans are screaming at him for being lazy, shite or not "Rangers class" (whatever that means these days) and he goes and scores a goal or has an assist.... should those same fans not just pipe down instead of complaining about his gesture ??

Talk about being hypocritical - I would suggest that is the exact definition.

57 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I think we have always had players like Bates who weren't so great on the ball but defensively competent even when we were trying to attract the cream of world football.  It reminds me of a quip made by Walter Smith when asked a question about Scott Nisbet.

Smith replies "every pass is an adventure" 

I LOL'd :D

41 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I have no idea how to respond to that?O.o. Pay Windass £7.50 ph and I won’t shout at him.

While he is getting thousands per week and playing garbage he is getting it tight. My only point again is if he thought that was a bright thing to do (and Windass May have?) then he was wrong. No point in shooting the messenger, it is what it is.

How much you pay him is completely irrelevant

11 minutes ago, craig said:

How much you pay him is completely irrelevant

Are we really debating the pros and cons, rights and wrongs of lambasting players for being rubbish? This happens everywhere and we all do it at some point. Do you really think it was a good idea what he did (I suspect you don’t?) and when he did it?

As I said in my last post no point shooting the messenger, it’s done now. He will get it ten times as tight now than what he did before from some quarters. It’s not clever telling your own fans to shut up. No matter how much you try and spin it.

14 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Are we really debating the pros and cons, rights and wrongs of lambasting players for being rubbish? This happens everywhere and we all do it at some point. Do you really think it was a good idea what he did (I suspect you don’t?) and when he did it?

As I said in my last post no point shooting the messenger, it’s done now. He will get it ten times as tight now than what he did before from some quarters. It’s not clever telling your own fans to shut up. No matter how much you try and spin it.

If he has been getting abuse then I see no reason why he shouldn't make the gesture.  It is highly hypocritical of fans to abuse one of their own players for supposedly inept performances and then get all biscuit-arsed when said player scores a goal and tells them to "Shushhhhh".  Why shouldn't he do it ?  Because he is a player ?

Funny, we have people complaining that Windass has no heart, he then gestures to his own fans, knowing full well there would be backlash, and he gets lambasted again.

Josh Windass has become the number 1 whipping boy at Rangers.  And people are completely ignoring his contributions of goals, assists and creativity.  Many still simply refuse to see that our situation means we aren't in a position to bring in world-beaters and that Windass is actually a very decent option for us.

Well, I would contend that those who "give him it ten times as tight now" should take a long, hard look at THEMSELVES.  Because giving Windass pelters is almost guaranteed to not have him performing optimally - those same fans will give it "well he shouldn't have gestured".... and I would ask them if they want to see a successful Rangers team or not - because if the answer is YES then Windass (and all other Rangers players too) should be receiving our backing and support - not our hounding.

It's not clever your own fans hounding and abusing your team's players - do they honestly think it will actually improve performances ??  We continually tell players to have a word with themselves - when will the fans do likewise ???

Shooting ourselves in the foot - It has been the Rangers way for many years now, sadly.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

If he has been getting abuse then I see no reason why he shouldn't make the gesture.  It is highly hypocritical of fans to abuse one of their own players for supposedly inept performances and then get all biscuit-arsed when said player scores a goal and tells them to "Shushhhhh".  Why shouldn't he do it ?  Because he is a player ?

Funny, we have people complaining that Windass has no heart, he then gestures to his own fans, knowing full well there would be backlash, and he gets lambasted again.

Josh Windass has become the number 1 whipping boy at Rangers.  And people are completely ignoring his contributions of goals, assists and creativity.  Many still simply refuse to see that our situation means we aren't in a position to bring in world-beaters and that Windass is actually a very decent option for us.

Well, I would contend that those who "give him it ten times as tight now" should take a long, hard look at THEMSELVES.  Because giving Windass pelters is almost guaranteed to not have him performing optimally - those same fans will give it "well he shouldn't have gestured".... and I would ask them if they want to see a successful Rangers team or not - because if the answer is YES then Windass (and all other Rangers players too) should be receiving our backing and support - not our hounding.

Shooting ourselves in the foot - It has been the Rangers way for many years now, sadly.

Again, your shooting the messenger. I actually agree with some of what you say. It seems I have become the “displacement whipping boy” at the moment:ph34r:. I’m merely stating the obvious.

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Again, your shooting the messenger. I actually agree with some of what you say. It seems I have become the “displacement whipping boy” at the moment:ph34r:. I’m merely stating the obvious.

I'm not shooting the messenger at all coop.  You are defending the fans right to abuse/criticize Windass - which is fine, that is your prerogative.

However, I also reserve the same right to defend Windass for gesturing to a set of fans who, it would seem, were shouting abuse/criticism at him.

If you look at the two above sentences, surely you can see the hypocrisy in them ???  The first instance seems to have been met with "I pay my money to watch the team, I am entitled to criticize" and in the second one it seems to have been met with "He shouldn't have done that".....  seems to me that there is a massive amount of irony there.

11 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm not shooting the messenger at all coop.  You are defending the fans right to abuse/criticize Windass - which is fine, that is your prerogative.

However, I also reserve the same right to defend Windass for gesturing to a set of fans who, it would seem, were shouting abuse/criticism at him.

If you look at the two above sentences, surely you can see the hypocrisy in them ???  The first instance seems to have been met with "I pay my money to watch the team, I am entitled to criticize" and in the second one it seems to have been met with "He shouldn't have done that".....  seems to me that there is a massive amount of irony there.

It is ironic and you are correct. That’s not my point. My point is that it is “what it is”. That’s football supporters worldwide (mostly) they live in an ironic/hypocritical world. I do too, it’s just how it is. That is what I mean by “shooting the messenger” (and that it not literal either:D). Windass (or anyone else) is a football player who knows (I hope he does?) that’s what fans are like.

Edited by cooponthewing

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

It is ironic and you are correct. That’s not my point. My point is that it is “what it is”. That’s football supporters worldwide (mostly) they live in an ironic/hypocritical world. I do too, it’s just how it is. That is what I mean by “shooting the messenger” (and that it not literal either:D). Windass (or anyone else) is a football player who knows (I hope he does?) that’s what fans are like.

No worries bud :thup: