[FT] Partick Thistle 0 - 2 Rangers (Windass 39; Tavernier 59)

17 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I am against the abuse of our own players, never understand it, Rangers are hated in Scotland by everyone we don't need to be abusing our own!.

We are all proactive fans mate, surely you understand people feel they are entitled to criticise if they feel the need? It’s up to Windass if he wants to behave like that with the fans. He knows he will get stick for it, he chose to do it.

If fans were giving him grief it’s because he has been poor. Every player gets it tight when they are poor. I wasn’t there so I don’t know the level of criticism but as he is a player on several grand a week, if your pish, fans in the stands let you know. I’m not one for statistics as they don’t provide the full picture for me. Windass is a liability in my book.

29 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

We are all proactive fans mate, surely you understand people feel they are entitled to criticise if they feel the need? It’s up to Windass if he wants to behave like that with the fans. He knows he will get stick for it, he chose to do it.

If fans were giving him grief it’s because he has been poor. Every player gets it tight when they are poor. I wasn’t there so I don’t know the level of criticism but as he is a player on several grand a week, if your pish, fans in the stands let you know. I’m not one for statistics as they don’t provide the full picture for me. Windass is a liability in my book.

I just don't understand the level of abuse our own players receive from our own fans, abuse not criticism as there is a huge difference, I don't think he should have reacted to it but I can understand why he did. The fans that are upset by this are probably the ones who were abusing him!.

I can honestly say I have never vented anger or abuse to any Rangers player, what is the point? it won't help improve him any! each to their own I suppose!.

It was an immature thing to do and he should be spoken to about it, but it shouldn't be made out to be a big thing, we have all done immature things when we were in our early 20's, long time ago for me right enough:D

Edited by ian1964

When he's playing in that position part of his job is to help his two other midfielder in defence and the other part is to score goals and assist the striker. It's his job! 90% of Thistles possession came from Windass and Bates poor passing. Although David Bates is weak passing the ball the work he puts in defensively gets him a pass from the fans however most fans like me will be wondering why he is the one who is always expected by our other centre to release the ball to our forwards when he quite clearly isn't very good at it. That bothers me but I tell you what... he never hides, always makes himself available and tries his heart out. 

Windass however, in spite of his talent, goes missing in many games puts very little work tracking anyone defensively and he loses the ball regularly either through poor passing or lack of control. The fact that he has enough skill to break forward into space, but only when he's in the centre of the park, get an assist or a goal doesn't admonish him of criticism. Fans making it known that they are not satisfied with aspects of his contribution should be a driving factor to do better. Personally I would want him to take that to heart and sort it out. As for the telling his own fans to shh... he can think it if he likes but its not going to help him with the fans by remonstrating. Once you lose the Rangers fans its a very difficult job to get them back on your side.

3 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

When he's playing in that position part of his job is to help his two other midfielder in defence and the other part is to score goals and assist the striker. It's his job! 90% of Thistles possession came from Windass and Bates poor passing. Although David Bates is weak passing the ball the work he puts in defensively gets him a pass from the fans however most fans like me will be wondering why he is the one who is always expected by our other centre to release the ball to our forwards when he quite clearly isn't very good at it. That bothers me but I tell you what... he never hides, always makes himself available and tries his heart out. 

Windass however, in spite of his talent, goes missing in many games puts very little work tracking anyone defensively and he loses the ball regularly either through poor passing or lack of control. The fact that he has enough skill to break forward into space, but only when he's in the centre of the park, get an assist or a goal doesn't admonish him of criticism. Fans making it known that they are not satisfied with aspects of his contribution should be a driving factor to do better. Personally I would want him to take that to heart and sort it out. As for the telling his own fans to shh... he can think it if he likes but its not going to help him with the fans by remonstrating. Once you lose the Rangers fans its a very difficult job to get them back on your side.

Agree, however he has seemingly getting a lot of abuse on twitter I think??, I am not condoning his actions but I think if fans are getting upset at him putting his finger to his lips then they really are fickle, I have witnessed many times at Ibrox the OTT abuse some players get, as will all of us experienced that, I just don't think it is that big a deal, daft? immature? yes, I am sure the manager will have a word in his ear and let's all move on.

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Agree, however he has seemingly getting a lot of abuse on twitter I think??, I am not condoning his actions but I think if fans are getting upset at him putting his finger to his lips then they really are fickle, I have witnessed many times at Ibrox the OTT abuse some players get, as will all of us experienced that, I just don't think it is that big a deal, daft? immature? yes, I am sure the manager will have a word in his ear and let's all move on.

What is abuse exactly... telling him he's playing shite, or that he's not good enough? Or that they are not happy with his work rate? Don't forget, anonymity allows a person to be anyone they want on there.

Telling Rangers fans who have seen the likes of Baxter, Greig, Cooper, Durrant, Ferguson, Laudrup, Gascgoine etc etc etc play to shut it isn't a particularly smart plan. I dont think he's good enough to be a smart arse nor could he lace any of those players boots and that's just some of them. Somebody should take him into that hall of fame and tell him... when you're as good as these men then you can be a smart arse with the fans SON!

Was the Windass gesture a reaction to abuse that he had taken personally or the booing that the team in general received?  

I didn't notice much abuse of Windass on Saturday whereas I don't agree with booing of the team that happens at Ibrox every time we're losing. 

I'd also like to tell those that boo to STFU on occasions too.