Josh Windass signs one year contract extension until 2021

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

By the looks of it we should have had a DoF long ago. 

I'd agree with you.  I don't think this is just about the role, I think it's the person doing it.  When we were all discussing the DoF role, I remember lots a big football names being talked about.  It just shows that it is not necessarily a 'football person' that's required, but more of a skilled administrator and someone who can create a strategy and analyse the player data.  I just can't see Alex McLeish, Walter Smith, or the other names we spoke of being able to do this role as effectively as Mark Allen has.

11 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'd agree with you.  I don't think this is just about the role, I think it's the person doing it.  When we were all discussing the DoF role, I remember lots a big football names being talked about.  It just shows that it is not necessarily a 'football person' that's required, but more of a skilled administrator and someone who can create a strategy and analyse the player data.  I just can't see Alex McLeish, Walter Smith, or the other names we spoke of being able to do this role as effectively as Mark Allen has.

Spot on. Although the main quality we required wasn't just better management skills ... but leadership in specifically football operations.

The old saying is that the difference between managers and leaders is that managers endeavour to do things right whereas leaders strive to do the right things. You need both of course for optimum performance but leadership should always be out in front. It seems Mark Allen has brought that to the table at last.

Let's not get too carried away.

It is no more than the Club operating with a degree of professionalism, which we are -have been for some considerable time- unaccustomed to seeing. 

Appalling, and not in any way amusing, to think  that a few blokes doing their jobs properly is such a refreshing change.

Windass is another player, like Morelos, who could fetch us a much-needed transfer fee.

On his day Windass is one of the best players in the league. However he needs to stop disappearing for spells in games. Cut that out & he'd probably be playing in the EPL by now

7 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Let's not get too carried away.

It is no more than the Club operating with a degree of professionalism, which we are -have been for some considerable time- unaccustomed to seeing. 

Appalling, and not in any way amusing, to think  that a few blokes doing their jobs properly is such a refreshing change.

I laughed at this.  You are of course right, but never underestimate how difficult it is to get a team of professionals doing what they're supposed to be doing.  A lifetime in business taught me that. xD

Very often the issue is a political one where some members of the team are either unclear of the scope of their responsibilities, or where they want to interfere in someone else's business.  The sense I get I see that Mark Allen and Murty work well together.  That makes everything else so much easier.

32 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I laughed at this.  You are of course right, but never underestimate how difficult it is to get a team of professionals doing what they're supposed to be doing.  A lifetime in business taught me that. xD

Very often the issue is a political one where some members of the team are either unclear of the scope of their responsibilities, or where they want to interfere in someone else's business.  The sense I get I see that Mark Allen and Murty work well together.  That makes everything else so much easier.

i kinda know what you mean. Whenever I had problems similar to those you describe, I used to quote Wittgenstein, sometimes partly, sometimes in full:

"What can be said at all can be said clearly; and whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

As far as Rangers is concerned it seems that the 'Football Department' is operating in a coherent, professional way, and is able to coordinate with the Financial guys, and the Chief Exec;  none of that is brain surgery, or rocket science, or gravitational wave theory.

Edited by Uilleam

• Frankie changed the title to Josh Windass signs one year contract extension until 2021
13 hours ago, Gazza_8 said:

Headline is a bit misleading. Just because he has signed a new contract doesn't mean he'll be here until 2021.

If Rangers want it he will be at Ibrox until 2021. Before that it will be mutual agreement.