Club 1872 reach halfway stage of £1million target for Rangers share issue

CLUB 1872 have raised half of their £1million target ahead of the upcoming Ibrox share issue. 

The supporters group are the second largest shareholders in RIFC plc after purchasing 50 per cent of the stake held by Mike Ashley last year. 

The Gers board are set to hold a rights issue in the coming months to raise funds and allow soft loans to be converted to shares. 

Club 1872 members have now stumped up £500k in recent weeks and director Laura Fawkes said: "We are delighted to have reached the half way point in our campaign to raise £1m to put directly into Rangers Football Club through upcoming share issues.

"This is a significant amount of money which will help us rebuild our club and we thank the supporters who’ve helped us get to this point after only four weeks.

"That said we still have a long way to go and we would encourage the thousands of Rangers supporters who are not yet members of Club 1872 to join us and help invest millions of pounds directly into Rangers.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/16043783.Club_1872_reach_halfway_stage_of___1million_target_for_Rangers_share_issue/?ref=twtrec

I appreciate this is good news, but if even a fraction of our supporters put their money where their mouth was, we'd have reached the target easily by now.  I'm still unsure about the prospect of fans being in control of the club, but I am in favour of us controlling a significant share of the club and thereby protecting it from future parasites.  That's why I joined Club 1872 and it's why I'd encourage others to do the same.

ShareIssueCampaignProgress.png

We still need your help to meet our £1m goal

A huge thank you to all our members who have already made one-off donations to our share issue campaign. Reaching the half way point is a great milestone but we still have a lot of work to do. 

100% of the funds we receive from these donations will go directly into Rangers and help Club 1872 maintain our position as the 2nd largest shareholder in the club. 

We understand that not all our members are in a position to make an additional one-off donation and an equally good way to help us is to help us to recruit friends, family or work colleagues as we continue to increase our numbers. In particular your help to reach offline bears is invaluable. Please encourage them to join and help us invest directly into our football club. 

• 2 weeks later...

ShareIssueCampaignProgress1.png

We still need your help to meet our £1m goal

We are really pleased to have added over 100 new members this week since the last update. However overall progress towards our £1m goal has slowed due to fewer one-off donations this week.

100% of the funds we receive from these donations will go directly into Rangers and help Club 1872 maintain our position as the 2nd largest shareholder in the club. 

We understand that not all our members are in a position to make an additional one-off donation. An equally good way to help us is to recruit friends, family or work colleagues as we continue to increase our numbers. In particular your help to reach offline bears is invaluable. Please encourage them to join and help us invest directly into our football club. 

I think C1872 should email all their memebership, to ask as a special short term arrangement, that all of their monthly direct debit goes to the share issue. I have half going to shares and half going to Special Projects at the moment, but for say a six month period or longer i would be very happy for all my direct debit money going to the upcoming share issue.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I wonder why so few others have signed up.  I can't imagine it's the cost because it can be for as little or as much as you want.  I don't believe any bear doesn't want it to happen.  The only conclusion I have then is that it's too much hassle to set it up.  Maybe Club 1872 needs to make that part of the campaign .... I.e. How easy it is to make payment.

Anyone else have any thoughts on why it's not working as well as I think should be?