On Reflextion And Looking Forward

Where did all go wrong for us this season? Why aren't we witnessing the 'moon-beams' of success promised by (perennial liar) SDM? What went so drastically wrong with the PLG appointment? We were all excited by PLGââ?¬â?¢s appointment and some were blinded by SDMââ?¬â?¢s ââ?¬Ë?moon-beams and financial investmentââ?¬â?¢ promises, both have failed to materialise over the last 9 months or so. In fact, it could be argued that all SDM has achieved over the last 12 months is sell of our most profitable asset in the deal that saw JJB inherit our merchandising sector and brand name.

On the pitch, after watching Rangers play wonderful football at Fir Park on the opening weekend of the season (well for about 45 minutes), most of us believed, only to have our dreams shattered and our frustrations heaped upon. It isnââ?¬â?¢t hard to find reasons for us losing the league so weakly ââ?¬â?? dropping 7 points (out of 9) to ICT, dropping 5 out of 9 to DUFC (same record v Tims) and dropping further points to Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and DAFC. Our inability to snatch victories from the jaws of defeat (or draws) hasnââ?¬â?¢t helped either. So another season of abject failure that was made worse by the total and utter mismanagement of our club which doesnââ?¬â?¢t bode well for the future.

It doesn�t take a genius to realise that our squad requires major surgery in the summer, or that the club must pro-actively defend themselves and us the fans as we are continually under fire at the moment. Do we have the leaders at the club to sustain these challenges and come out on top? It is my opinion that Rangers Football Club will never again be successful if Murray, Bain and McIntyre remain in charge.

Cammy F

When PLG was told there wasn�´t enough money for Elmander and Sebo became the target.

Elmander might have made a difference on the pitch.

However, it seemed that PLG�´s approach was destined to fail given the level of opposition he encountered trying to make the club professional.

We�´re a huge professional club run by amateurs.

Example.

The following was a quote from Gavin Rae in an article from yesterdays scotsman

he acknowledged Le Guen wasn't to everyone's taste: "I didn't mind the training, to be honest. It was certainly a lot stricter. He always wanted silence, even when you were stretching. I didn't have a problem, but I think a few of the boys did."

Why take stretching seriously when you can have a laugh and a joke.

Rangers have suffered more than there fair share of injuries over the years, not taking stretching seriously directly contributes to this.

http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm...3&id=612672007

When PLG was told there wasn�´t enough money for Elmander and Sebo became the target.

Elmander might have made a difference on the pitch.

However, it seemed that PLG�´s approach was destined to fail given the level of opposition he encountered trying to make the club professional.

We�´re a huge professional club run by amateurs.

Example.

The following was a quote from Gavin Rae in an article from yesterdays scotsman

he acknowledged Le Guen wasn't to everyone's taste: "I didn't mind the training, to be honest. It was certainly a lot stricter. He always wanted silence, even when you were stretching. I didn't have a problem, but I think a few of the boys did."

Why take stretching seriously when you can have a laugh and a joke.

Rangers have suffered more than there fair share of injuries over the years, not taking stretching seriously directly contributes to this.

http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm...3&id=612672007

To me that doesn't put PLG in a good light. It doesn't say that the players could only take seriously if they work in silence does it.

Not suprised the players don't get on with him and don't want to play for him when he treats them like children. Advocaat got the nickname the wee General, but the above is taking the piss tbh.

To me that doesn't put PLG in a good light. It doesn't say that the players could only take seriously if they work in silence does it.

Not suprised the players don't get on with him and don't want to play for him when he treats them like children. Advocaat got the nickname the wee General, but the above is taking the piss tbh.

You think that by laughing and joking around that they can still be taking the stretching and training seriously ?

Sad that we see someone who comes in and tries to instill a bit of professionalism into our club and he gets treated by the fans who, with all respect to all of us, have NO IDEA how to run a football club, as if he is an imbecile who doesn't know what he is doing.

Just because we had the 9IAR days when we had the mantra of "the team that drinks together wins together" doesn't mean that logic should apply in this day and age. For one, in that era, we were far and away the best team in Scotland with easily the best players (we can't claim that now so you would think a bit more professionalism might be a good thing) and secondly times change and move on.

PLG and the way he did things and the results we were seeing will always split our club - but I find it amusing that we see many who, when PLG was installed, said that it was a long-term vision we needed and that he would need time and that those same people were then calling for his head after 3 or 4 short months.

We will never know how good, or bad, PLG could have been but to suggest he was "taking the piss" for trying to instill his will and professionalism on the team is harsh IMO.

Professionalism and enjoying your work are not mutually exclusive, hoever I don't expect many people to agree with me on this thread.

This was pretty much the same team which presumably, with AM in charge, were enjoying their training more yet still lost the title by 20 points.

You would think that they would have been accepting of some change to try to improve fortunes on the field - obviously not.

What went wrong?? Many things, but from the fans point of view I think we maybe expected PLG to wave a magic wand and deliver us the title - myself included.

I watched the opening few games of the season, at Fir Park we played some great attacking stuff, but the next game against Dundee Utd was a freak scoreline. We battered them yet they scored twice, although we fought back and got a 2-2 draw, yet it was 2-2 going on 8-2. At this point I thought we were going to be unplayable in the SPL but.....

Then Ferguson came back in the team and the nice football went out the window and the dressing room split took over. Le Guen's approachs could be argued right or wrong (its all about opinion) but he was the manager and he ended up being undermined - bottom line. We will never know the real truths of this story and we wont know if PLG would have went on and turned it round, but IMO he didnt get the chance. He lost the dressing room but you have to ask why and how he lost it - simply by sulky overpaid players.

He should have had a full season but thats not allowed at Rangers, and his good start probably ended up being a bad thing.

From beginning to climb the ladder at the start of the season, it was pulled and we went in freefall and ended up being even worse than the previous season which nobody thought could happen.

It was a situation that couldnt be repaired. The fans didnt help as there was a split. Some backed PLG and some booed him and then the peaceful demo about SDM after a game at Irbox was ruined by Murray supporters turning on their fellow bear!!

So following all this and with SDM seeming to take his captains view, PLG HAD to go at this point. Yes his recent results and performances were shocking but we dont know the reasons why.

So on the park those are the things that went wrong.

Anyway, since January we have been stronger. The gap was simply to big to catch Celtic but we closed it and beat them on there own patch. We are still playing ugly football but we are winning games with the same team who couldnt beat Dunfermline - so thats a good sign.

Onto the summer then.........

Doesn´t put PLG in a good light.........WTF !!!!!

Then what about the players ?

Ferguson and Co. want to earn all there thousands of pounds each week but instead of doing what your told by the boss, ie. shut up and concentrate on your stretching because the injuries at this club have been too regular.......no.....they want a laugh and a joke ,,oh and by the way we´re starting too early boss and about that afternoon session.

How the feck can you defend players who aren´t interested in improving their performences and doing what they are told.

A captain that leads the rebellion, that since he´s took up the armband hasn´t been too Hampden even for a semi-final, don´t talk about the title.

If we the supporters, defend the players in this then we have NO ambition for our club or are plain stupid.

Too many of our players are professionly paid amateurs, when a Falkirk player (Gow) seems to have a more professional attitude than the majority at Ibrox is our current predicament surprising ?

To me that paints PLG as an complete amateur as a manager. Perhaps he should take a course in motivation and team building.

You don't get the best out of anyone by driving the too hard or upsetting them. People are not robots.

Imagine your boss came in and started throwing his weight around, telling you you had to be in a 7am and leave at 7pm. You workload gets doubled and your deadlines halved. Talking, private emails and Internet are banned.

Would you all be more professional, would you do a better job? It might work for a couple of months but then you'd either try to get rid of the manager or look for another job.

I think the ones slagging the players off about professionalism should look themselves in the mirror and decide if you trully follow those incrdibly strict ideals yourself...

The fact you spend any time at all on here suggests that you are talking garbage. You may not be at work but I bet you could spend the time thinking about problems at work or learning something to improve your work.

I smell the stench of hypocrisy.

PS Can I ask if Sionko, Sebo, N'Daiye and Papac were happily following Le Guen's instructions. It really worked for them didn't it? They really outshone the rebel players and showed them how unprofessional they were, didn't they?

In fact how come Papac has IMPROVED since Smith came and Sebo had his best games under Smith too?

How come that with Smith allowing the players to be unprofessional, we are now experiencing one of the best runs of results of any team in the history of the SPL?

What evidence is everyone basing these unprofessional claims on? I think 9 wins and 2 draws in 11 games is pretty professional for a Rangers team.

Walter Smith has so categorically shown that although Le Guen had a good record, he had a lot to learn to be a truly great manager who can go anywhere and be successful. Le Guen's weaknesses as a manager have been exposed for the first time and if he wants to be a great manager he will have to learn a huge lesson from his time at Rangers - not least in humility.