[FT] Rangers 4 (Cummings 16, 21, 75; Muirhead og 44) - 1 Falkirk

4 hours ago, Uilleam said:

He had a pub down Ibrox/Govan way, if memory serves: imaginatively called Kai Johansens's Bar, and with Scottish and Danish flags on the signboarding/facia.

Maybe he had two.

Bobby Shearer had a place on Jamaica Street/Howard Street corner, or nearby. 

That is the pub I mentioned in my preview and was definitely on the way down to the ferry. .

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/kaijohansens.html

2 hours ago, pete said:

That is the pub I mentioned in my preview and was definitely on the way down to the ferry. .

2 hours ago, pete said:

The pub was very near to the Govan Graving Docks (dry docks). Spent many a hour in there while serving my time. 

Glasgow Subway Sunday times extended for Scottish Cup match at Ibrox

?type=responsive-gallery

3 March 18 / Evening Times Online

GOOD news for users of the Glasgow Subway: Sunday’s times have been extended for the Scottish Cup match between Rangers and Falkirk at Ibrox.

Notorious for closing early on a Sunday - much to the irritation of regular users - an SPT customer travel information representative has confirmed the last train will leave Ibrox at 7.36pm, with the final one from the City Centre departing at 8pm.

The changes have been put into place to accommodate football traffic on March 4 only as Graeme Murty’s squad prepare for Sunday’s last-eight showdown with Falkirk.

Usually on a Sunday, the Underground closes off early with the last trains from Govan at 5.50pm and from the City Centre at 6pm.

See post #19 but thanks for highlighting it Bearger.

By the way when you went to games did you use the ferry,it brings back fond memories of the adventures aboard it,the singing,being packed like sardines,the dangers of alighting and boarding and even seeing some stepping off mid river because the boat had stopped and being quickly hauled with the boat hook.:clap:

40 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

See post #19 but thanks for highlighting it Bearger.

By the way when you went to games did you use the ferry,it brings back fond memories of the adventures aboard it,the singing,being packed like sardines,the dangers of alighting and boarding and even seeing some stepping off mid river because the boat had stopped and being quickly hauled with the boat hook.:clap:

I used the ferry when I went to games. i used to stay in Yorkhill Street so the Ferry was just a stretch of the legs for me. I never saw anyone falling in but in the Haugh area there was a gang called the Chunky and they used to wait for members of other gangs at the walkway at the Haugh end. One time I was walking up the walkway after coming off the ferry and I heard a cry"Drummy Derry Ya basta***" At that I was barged out of the way. when i regained my balance I saw the guy had a Frig'n huge sword. He had obviously seen the chunky guy's and decided that was the only way past. People weren't searched at games in these days so the guy must have had the sword at the game with him. I never waited around to see what happened although I knew most of the Chunky guy's through living in the area and from school. There were 2 or 3 nutters that would stand and fight and carry tools but the most were young stupid guys that would run at the first sign of trouble.

I'm looking forward to today's match.  Hopefully a stepping stone on our way to our first 'proper' trophy in 7 years (although I'd happily take the league instead).

I'd like to see Cummings get more game time.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm looking forward to today's match.  Hopefully a stepping stone on our way to our first 'proper' trophy in 7 years (although I'd happily take the league instead).

I'd like to see Cummings get more game time.

Certainly an opportunity to change things slightly what with the probable absence of Murray.

Cummings hasn't really been able to get up to speed due to the lack of gametime, so I'd start him today, whether that be with Morelos or by himself. Alfredo could probably do with a rest.

28 minutes ago, buster. said:

Certainly an opportunity to change things slightly what with the probable absence of Murray.

Cummings hasn't really been able to get up to speed due to the lack of gametime, so I'd start him today, whether that be with Morelos or by himself. Alfredo could probably do with a rest.

I don't think Morelos will be happy with being rested but he should be ahead of the Celtic game.  Cummings needs game time.

55 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I don't think Morelos will be happy with being rested but he should be ahead of the Celtic game.  Cummings needs game time.

You can make arguments either way but I tend to think that the squad would be better for Cummings getting 90 minutes, for Morelos getting a break and that we can take Falkirk, regardless.

However, I wouldn't argue against continuity if that's the way we go.