[FT] Rangers 4 (Cummings 16, 21, 75; Muirhead og 44) - 1 Falkirk

29 minutes ago, compo said:

Think he had a pub near saint Enoch square 

He had a pub down Ibrox/Govan way, if memory serves: imaginatively called Kai Johansens's Bar, and with Scottish and Danish flags on the signboarding/facia.

Maybe he had two.

Bobby Shearer had a place on Jamaica Street/Howard Street corner, or nearby. 

Edited by Uilleam

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

He had a pub down Ibrox/Govan way, if memory serves: imaginatively called Kai Johansens's Bar, and with Scottish and Danish flags on the signboarding/facia.

Maybe he had two.

Bobby Shearer had a place on Jamaica Street/Howard Street corner, or nearby. 

Kai's place in Howard St was a restaurant if my memory serves me. The pub was in Govan.

EDIT - Upstairs above the Imperial Bar seems to ring a bell.

Edited by boabie

I just hope the game is on.  The games can't come quickly enough for me at the moment.  Our football is the best on the tele at the moment so I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to our next game as soon as the previous one is over.

We just have to play our strongest team because this is our best chance for silverware this season.  As I said in the prediction league, it's just so hard to predict the score because there is such a wide range possible now.  Previously, we could only dream of scoring more than 3 goals in a game, but now we are almost guaranteed to get a dozen decent chances.  It's now just a matter of how many we put away.  Equally, the first goal scorer was too predictable and limited to one or two players.  Now I have no idea who it will be out of the ten outfield players.  Any of them can score, and in a couple of games we could have afforded to play Wes up front too so he could get in on the action.

Im keeping everything crossed that the game is on because I'll suffer withdrawal symptoms now if it's off.

1 hour ago, compo said:

When Kai scored back in 66 some eejit through my Rangers bunnet up in the air never to be seen again a waste of seven and six that was .

A bunnet’s nothing. I had a quarter bottle in my hand. What happens when you throw your hands in the air? God knows where it came to earth.

Only nine years before Falkirk won the cup with Derek Grierson in the team beating Killie in the final. I was pleased because I didn’t like the Killie ‘keeper, Jimmy Brown, though I should have been grateful because they had evicted celtic in the semi.

First and one on my best Scottish Cup memories was the 3-2 win over Celtic in 1973. Wasn't at the game but it made a wee laddie very happy, none the less.

We really should be making the semi-finals with a degree of comfort and I'm actually fairly confident we will and that's not something I say very often !!

Windass needs to avoid a yellow card or he'd be suspended for a potential semi-final (same goes for Holt but I doubt he'll play).

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

A bunnet’s nothing. I had a quarter bottle in my hand. What happens when you throw your hands in the air? God knows where it came to earth.

Only nine years before Falkirk won the cup with Derek Grierson in the team beating Killie in the final. I was pleased because I didn’t like the Killie ‘keeper, Jimmy Brown, though I should have been grateful because they had evicted celtic in the semi.

In you day whisky was twelve and a tanner a bottle, so a quarter would have been much less than seven and six; maybe three and ninepence.