I know it's been prbably done to death but where are we gonna get the players that will make the difference next season? The past few years we seem to have trawled Europe to pick up duds. I think, and obviously so does Walter that closer to home is the best bet. Gow and Broadfoot have signed so who else?

Scott Brown is an obvious target and seems realistic although if the reports are true that both Spurs and Boro are after him then there is a possibility that he could be priced out of our league. Even the Mhanks getting involved will probably put the bidding war beyond us with their CL cash.

I personally think we should go for Russell Anderson to shore up the defence. He has been mega consistent over the last 3 or 4 years and would give 2 from Anderson, Webster, Weir and Broadfoot. That is a Centre defence I could live with! Also, we desperately need cover for both full backs. 3 months ago I would have said we needed a first choice RB but the way Hutton has come on has been impresive but if he or Smith are injured then we're snookered. To cover these positions Steven Whittiker is the way to go. He can play both sides and is a young lad with a big future. He'sgood enough to give genuine competition.

The next one to go for is up front. We're not gonna get Koevermans, not if he is building the sort of reputation he seems to be. He'll go to bigger and better thab the SPL I'm afraid. Healy and Naismith are more realistic. Healy has the strength and power and is proven on the international stage. As for Naismith, we've all seen him and the boy is class. Those two, plus the enigma that is Kris Boyd would give us the goals that'll make a succesful season.

Midfield is where I'm a bit stuck. I want Fergie gone, he's not a captain, he's too big for his boots and he isn't conducive to a settled dressing room. Hemdani should be our lynchpin next year as he has been this season but who to put in alongside him? Thompson is to defensive and I think we'll be outpriced for Brown. I think next year is the year for Thomas Buffel to come to the fore. Walter has to start with him, build his confidence. The guy has the talent and now is the time for him to show it.

There's talk of the Bosko Balaban being a target. Didn't exactly set the heather alight down south but could be a player in the Dado mould. Definitely need a big name striker. We've been saying that for the past few seasons but it's even more apparent that Boyd needs someone to play along side.

For midfield I cant see past Barry. He has his faults but his attacking goalscoring qualities seem to be coming back to the fore under Walter. I can see Lee McCulloch joining in the summer to beef up the left midfield. Scott Brown would be a great signing but as you mention he might be priced out of our league.

After that I agree on the right back cover but I think we need an experienced goalie to back up AM.

In order of preference I'll go for

1. Balaban/Koevermens

2. Brown

3. Experience GK

4. McCulloch

5. New Right Back

Those are the minimum 5 players I feel we must get. Also I think we need a few good squad players to add to the squad to cover for injuries and suspensions.

I would go for a cheap backup GK, but certainly wouldnt shell out a fortune or make it a priority

... and i hope you mean new right back as BACKUP .... can no-one on here see just how good Alan Hutton has been since we steadied the centre half positions??????

Alan Hutton looked impressive against Hearts and is growing in confidence all the time.

GK - Bring back Greame Smith of Motherwell incase McGregor gets injured.

DF - If Svensson got his finger out, he could partner Webster in the future although I happy with Ehioghu and Weir for next season.

MF - Scott Brown or Michael Tonge.

ST - Koevermans better be as good as Prso has been for us.

I think the defence isnt far off from being complete. Personally I think we only need to buy cover for Hutton. We have Smith, Papac and Murray who can play LB but only Lowning as RB cover after Hutton.

At the centre half position we are fine as long as we get the Webster deal completed. Agreed about Svensson, he still has potential if he gets his finger out. But we have Weir, Webster, Ehiogu and Broadfoot in there all next season anyway. So defence is pretty much covered.

Id buy a keeper as first choice and have McGregor as the back up. McGregor has done just ok. But to move on we need a better keeper, IMO he is miles behind his predicessors. If Smith decides he is our No.1 then surely he must look at taking Goram in as his daily coach.

Midfield - this is where it gets fun. Lee McCulloch is a must as he will improve the left side and can also play upfront. He is no world beater but he will certainly improve us and should shine in the SPL.

Agree with Juff about Buffel, he has to play but play him as the attacking / creative midfielder.

Id like to see another midfielder come in from the EPL. The likes of Michael Brown, Claus Jensen or Hayden Mullins would do a fine job for us and are affordable.

R.e. Ferguson, if he just gets on with playing his own game at a consistant level then he stays, if not then punt him.

Upfront, We should never have let Lovenkrands leave, id take him back. Our team would look strong going forward with him, McCulloch, S Brown, Koevermans and Balaban with Buffel in behind them.

But IMO we need:

A keeper

A RB

2/3 midfielders

2 strikers

Funny you mentioning Lovenkrands Gribz, I've been watching Rangers vids on YouTube most of the night and some of his goals were amazing and in the biggest of matches. In other words I'd love to see him back.

Funny you mentioning Lovenkrands Gribz, I've been watching Rangers vids on YouTube most of the night and some of his goals were amazing and in the biggest of matches. In other words I'd love to see him back.

He was a big time player Hurlock and always seemed to prop up with the goals in OF games and in Europe. Plus he had pace to burn and was vertisle - you cant buy many players like that these days and selling him was a mistake. He also didnt really want to leave which makes it a little worse.

True true. There's a video of him playing for Schalke on YouTube aswell. I'll never forget the header that won us the Scottish cup years ago 3-2. What a birthday it was for me that day.

SAME AGAIN ON MAY 5TH this year. Rangers v Celtic. A win would set me up for the rest of the day and evening..........please.

Lovenkrands is the type of player that would do it against the better teams but not against the smaller teams (the polar opposit of Boyd).

PL relies on his pace and almost every team in the SPL plays with 10 behind the ball which doesn't suit PL.

Where would we play him ? He isnt a LM and everyone seems to be saying we need a target man as Boyd's foil but PL certainly isnt that ! Or do we sell Boyd ?

I would like to see PL back but I doubt it will happen.

I'll never forget the header that won us the Scottish cup years ago 3-2. What a birthday it was for me that day.

SAME AGAIN ON MAY 5TH this year. Rangers v Celtic. A win would set me up for the rest of the day and evening..........please.

Same here Hurlock - May 5th is my birthday - come on the gers !!