Getting misty eyed about Lovenkrands to me seems like people are definitely wearing some kind of tinted glasses...

There aren't many former players I'd want back but PL is never going to be one of them.

i wouldnt have PL back, far too hot and cold and for me it was more cold than hot.

He did score some great goals and provided us with some great victories and memories but i wouldnt have him back not to mention the fact Schalke wouldnt let him go and i doubt he would want to come back.

Guest jezzy

i think we need a keeper a left mid center mid and 2 strikers now for names dudek is going on a free i whould give him a 2 year deal now for the mids Lee McCulloch is a must as is scott brown now for the strikers naysmith of kille is a must for me as this boy is a star in the makeing Koevermans i think whould jump at the chance to play for us i whould also like to see healy of leeds up he whould run riot in the spl

i think we need a keeper a left mid center mid and 2 strikers now for names dudek is going on a free i whould give him a 2 year deal now for the mids Lee McCulloch is a must as is scott brown now for the strikers naysmith of kille is a must for me as this boy is a star in the makeing Koevermans i think whould jump at the chance to play for us i whould also like to see healy of leeds up he whould run riot in the spl

Do you think Healy would run riot? His record in Championship footy is very ordinary although his form for Northern Ireland is spectacular. If we can get him cheap then he would be worth a shot and i suppose in the market were playing we need to take a chance on certain players. I suspect he would cost too much just to buy him - probably the majority if not all of our transfer budget during this transfer window which, for me, would not make him a wise investment.

If Dudek is going on a free we should be straight in there. I agree that McGregor, whilst being decent and having done well, isn't good enough to be the long term solution.

agreed on all accounts.

Dudek would be a no-brainer, but there's no way he'd come here to be number 2, so it depends how much WS rates Mcgregor.

As for PL, is this the same guy people are thinking about as the one I remember would often make Boyd look like a tremendous workhorse, not to mention how disinterested he looked when things weren't going his way.

If we were to get Dudek then he would have to go straight in as No. 1.

Lovenkrands, imho, shouldn't have been allowed to go. Now that he has and is looking like winning the Bundesliga, he'll not only be out our price range, he'll not come back. The guy has talent and will go on to bigger and better things in Europe where his talent will be properly appreciated. He suffered from being chopped and changed in position and in and out the team.

I also don't like players 'coming back', it very rarely works out - BF, Robbie Fowler to name a couple.

PL was after much more money than we offered. I don't think we want players like that, especially given he would often be the last off the pitch to applaud the support, regardless of whether he had actually broken in to sweat or not for the previous 90. I just didn't buy it from him, sorry.