For whom the bell tolls

25 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

It will require a change of Boardroom personnel before we start dealing with our detractors as at present they won't adequately fund a proper PR strategy to do so.

If they were to fund it, do you reckon they'd look outside of Level 5?

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

If they were to fund it, do you reckon they'd look outside of Level 5?

While I have a degree of sympathy for Traynor given his limited remit we need someone way more experienced in the dark arts with a much thicker contact book and one that stretches outwith the confines of Scotland.

12 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Yes - Im worse than a paid errand boy over there & a serial board attacker over here.

I wouldn't blame anyone for being critical of our board, given what we have gone through in the last decade.  It's essential, in fact.  

RM has some lunatics posting, so I only look over there for some amusement and don't take any of it seriously.  I'd take criticism from that forum as a back-handed compliment, if I were you.

The board are doing what they can but have definite limitations in finances and knowledge.  I really hope they seek some sound advice before appointing our next manager because it's vital we make the right choice.  

On 19/03/2018 at 14:42, Gaffer said:

I'm hoping we can supplement the existing board with better leaders, or even replace some of those already involved.  I feel we need someone with the strength (gravitas) of King involved in a more hands on role.  He can't obviously so I'd welcome a change there.  Money aside, is there someone we could identify that would make an ideal chairman?  I can't think of anyone but I'd be interested in others' thoughts.

My preference is for the board to state quite clearly what the strategy is and some of the key milestones.  I wouldn't even freak out if they said "We are building over the next three years, and that means sticking with Murty and younger players no matter what" because although I may not like it, at least it's a strength of commitment and a vision.

I'd also like to see that strength of character coming out of the club in terms of dealing with the detractors (i.e. The media, politicians, etc).  I accept that in the majority of instances it is better to deal with these issues privately and confidentially, however I don't see much if any progress on that front so I'd at least like to see an acknowledgement from the board that there is an issue and that they are dealing with it, even if that is then managed behind closed doors.

I will forever be grateful to Dave King for being the prime mover in saving our club and wresting it from the hands of the reptiles who were destroying us.  I'll always be grateful for the money he has put in.  However, "gravitas" is not only something that he does not bring to the table but is also one of the last words I would think of with which to describe him.  The last time we had someone leading us who had that quality was decades ago, alas.   It used to be the norm, but that is becoming a distant memory.

Edited by SteveC
Missing comma