[FT] Motherwell 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 52 pen; Murphy 53)

We are conceding too many goals. Until this gets sorted out then we won't challenge for the title. Those first 15 minutes today we were all over the place.

Alves & Martin aren't the answer. That is clear.We've conceded something like 38 in 32league games this season

Ironically we're currently top scorers in the league with 63 goals although the yahoos have played one game less than us. We're it not for those goals we'd be mid table.

But whoever the Rangers manager is next season(and I'm not against Murty because some of the names mentioned don't appeal) then sorting out central defence must be top priority.

Bates and one experienced defender, with decent credentials, would be good enough.  Alves is finished and Martin is pretty average.  

We have been crying out for a spine since McCoist left.  New keeper, new central defender, a higher quality midfielder and a good striker and we'd be much better.  Our injuries this season have had a very negative impact.

We miss Bates as for me he is our best CB, McCrorie should be given a run in there at CB, both young with potential and both are playing in the first team, I do agree we need to get quality in at CB in the transfer window as for me both Alves and Martin are not what we need going forward, both goals should have been easy to stop.

I thought Martin had started his Rangers career very well but he's struggled badly since returning from injury.

Far too often we look like a team that seems unsure of what they;re supposed to be doing.  We lack shape, we lack leadership and we lack responsibility.  Even worse we lack quality.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I thought Martin had started his Rangers career very well but he's struggled badly since returning from injury.

Seems to happen a lot with our players.  Goss, John and Martin all started well but have since gone off the boil.  

We need some players and a manager who know how to win things.  It really is that simple.

On 31 March 2018 at 22:07, Gonzo79 said:

Seems to happen a lot with our players.  Goss, John and Martin all started well but have since gone off the boil.  

We need some players and a manager who know how to win things.  It really is that simple.

Getting those players & a manager is easier said than done with the money we've got. If Murty is replaced it'll be a similar type appointment.

For 25 mins in the second half we were actually very good and it looked like we were ragdolling them.  We were however hopeless for most of the first half and were on the back foot due to a poor central defence. A lack of leadership l, steel and nous in the middle. Murty must have said the right things at half time but overall it’s just the same as we have seen since Warburton. A lack of consistency due to a lack of quality. We went 45 minutes with no one taking control on the park. 

Some of the decision making on the right flank was also atrocious. I don’t understand why that cannot be drilled out of a player in training. It’s pretty basic stuff to understand that the likelihood of scoring from narrow angles on the edge of the box is about zero. Does my head in and someone on the park should be dishing out rollickings when they see good positions like that squandered. It’s not as if there weren’t options.  

Despite  that ragdolling period I don’t recall their keeper having a serious save to make. 

9 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

So who will be Rangers manager next season then ?

I'm not on the board, so I can't help you with that one. I'm hoping for Proud'homme.

But if it's a youth coach, we may as well hand the scum 10 in a row right now.