No Scottish Referees appointed for World Cup finals

I see FIFA have just announced a list of officials for the world cup and guess what there is not one Scottish official on the list , a poor reflection on the standard of officials in this country .

Scottish refs would get embarrassed at the World Cup. It’s bad enough we have to deal with it. Imagine if the world saw it. On second thought, maybe it would be a good thing and call these tadgers out for what they are. 

28 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I think currently we have the worst referees ever! I can't recall so many bad refs!. It's time some younger Rangers fans got themselves into refereeing.

Not likely knowing they will face scrutiny and intimidation from press, moonhowlers and clubs. They will also face industrial coercion from Liewell and their PR machine.

Many years ago a guy I worked withs dad was a referee. He didn't take kindly to me pointing out his faults.             :P

In saying that, I don't think I've ever seen a worse lot than the shower currently infesting Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The ritual sacrifice of Hugh Dallas was the end of refereeing in Scotland

The scum got him sacked, the scum caused the refs to go on strike, all of this was done at ease and no protection from anyone in Scottish football and in full view of the Scottish gutter press, no wonder we are left with this group of rank rotten refs!

The fact is that there are lots of really good referees.  They start off in the youth leagues and I see many of them that have the sense, awareness and personable style to manage the players throughout a game while applying the laws of the game.  The problem however is that many of these young refs are put off by the abuse they receive from coaches and parents.  You can argue that they're not mentally fit to be refereeing senior games if they can't tolerate abuse from some parents, but they are being demotivated from the game before they develop the life skills that help build immunity from that kind of abuse.

If the SFA is serious about tackling the standard of refereeing, they need to address this issue at grass roots level.