No Scottish Referees appointed for World Cup finals

It’s a global professional game. We should bring in refs from abroad as ours are not up to scratch. When the refs went on strike the standard rose with their replacements. It would also get rid of the problem of bias. 

Edited by Walterbear

I believe that overall, the standard of refs has probably dropped....on the flip side though, their every move & decision is now being caught by camera.  This allows for continued repeats/reviews of every incident by fans & the media - the ref on the other hand only see things once, and are therefore at a disadvantage compared to fans & pundits etc.

• Frankie changed the title to Referees
7 hours ago, Darthter said:

I believe that overall, the standard of refs has probably dropped....on the flip side though, their every move & decision is now being caught by camera.  This allows for continued repeats/reviews of every incident by fans & the media - the ref on the other hand only see things once, and are therefore at a disadvantage compared to fans & pundits etc.

The biggest disadvantage for referees is however the fact they can't discuss their decisions.  Managers and players can speak about it so there's only ever one side.  Referees should be allowed to build rapport with the media and fans too.  I understand the reasons why refs are restricted in this way, but it's time they reconsidered this policy.  I don't understand why they don't test this with a pilot in the Championship or lower league.

• Frankie changed the title to No Scottish Referees appointed for World Cup finals

Remember when incidents happen while at the game we only see them in the same time frame as the referee so sometimes it is understandable  what happens but when things like the "blatant attack" on Tav by Stokes go unpunished it is then that the officials show the incompetence.

I think Ross was a probable for the World Cup until the SNP cry-babies whined so much about neglect of parliamentary duties that he pulled out.

Imagine if it had been one of their own. Great honour for Sco’lan’. Best wee linesman nation in the world etc